“Excellent dining experience”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,563 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Commerce, Texas
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband recently celebrated our anniversary in Ft. Worth, and the Reata was a great choice for a special dinner. The service was excellent and the menu choices unique. They offer a great variety of traditional Texas fare creatively prepared with a blend of southern and Mexican flavors. The decor is traditional cowboy style and interesting to look at with chaps and saddles and other cowboy gear displayed in cases and on the walls. I started off with a Ceasar salad followed by the jalapeno cilantro crusted Texas red fish. The fish was cooked perfectly and the seasoning was not overpowering. The flavor was actually surprisingly subtle. Our martinis were also excellent. We finished off with the West Texas pecan pie, which was fantastic. This may have been the best pecan pie I've ever had, including my own. I loved that the filling wasn't gooey. It had a nice chewy texture that you could really sink your teeth into. I wanted it to last and last! I would come back for the pie, if nothing else, but there are many selling points that will keep this place on my list.

Dallas, Texas
“Very Overrated!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took my wife for our 17th anniversary I had called in advance a made the reservation and asked for a nice view to celebrate our anniversary. Valet service, greeted all went well, shown to table by window looking at construction , I asked for another table and was told they had a 1 wait , yet the place was only half full?? Ok let's move on, ordered drinks, watered down vodka cranberry!!!! Appetizer of calamari it was ok may have been good had it been hot, just warm to almost cold. I ordered the special a 10 oz ribeye, 2 stuffed shrimp, asparagus, and I substituted for jalapeño grits. The steak had 4 oz of fat with little to no taste, shrimp pretty good, grits where cheese grits nothing more. Wife had salmon with a seafood topping and veggies, she said it was ok. But that the salmon I make at home is much better. Service was pretty good. But the food was very average bill was $102 and I did not feel the quality or taste of the food or drinks was worth that! I will never go back to too many better choices in DFW to settle for mediocre food! I really wanted to like this place but again so many better choices in DFW save your money, don't believe the hype!!

1 Thank Beenaroundtheworld2x
boston, ma
“Just average”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is in dire need of a refresh and an update. The decor is very dated and boring. The food was good, but nothing wonderful. There are much better and much more interesting places to eat in FW.

And the ketel one kosher pickle martini on a hot day may be the biggest mistake I have ever made!

Visited June 2013
PA
“Fabulous lunch at the Reata”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My best friend had her wedding reception in the Dome at the Reata in Fort Worth, Texas. It was beautiful and romantic!! The scenery was striking and the scenic view of the city was incredible. We were blessed with beautiful weather which just enhanced the experience. The staff was very attentive, polite, and helpful. They advised as to what was good and what alternatives were available with each meal. The food was delectable! I ordered the Grilled Chicken Breast topped with Sherry Wine Vinaigrette. The chicken was perfect – moist and grilled to perfection! The vegetables were sautéed and the mashed potatoes were buttery and smooth and complimented the chicken flawlessly. I enjoyed everything about the restaurant and I really do not have a single complaint!! So please treat yourself to a beautiful afternoon or evening at the Reata with a great lunch or dinner if you are in the Forth Worth area!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Fort Worth Steak”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I use to eat here when it was on top of the Bank one building. I love this place and the chow is outstanding! Great place for date night or taking clients from out of town. Expensive but worth it. a landmark for Fort Worth.