“Go ahead, try the calf fries”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,572 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Alexandria, Virginia
“Go ahead, try the calf fries”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Family celebration on the roof for my mom's birthday -- weathe was great, and our server (Curtis) even better. Warning: the portions are very large, so you may want to consider sharing; three entrees and three appetizers for our party of 6 was plenty. Really appreciated that, in addition to being friendly, polite, professional, or server Curtis: (1) asked that the music be turned down and (2) pointed out that a 20% gratuity had been added to the check for a party of 6 or more. Needless to say, we still left a little something extra for him.

Visited May 2013

Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Best Dinner I had all vacation, Pricey but well worth it.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been to this location twice in my life, wish it were closer to my home, because this would be my special night out every time. We visited on a busy evening during dinner rush, but they were able to accommodate a large party of 8 easily. The waiter was very attentive, and patient as many in our party were unfamiliar with the menu. He offered drink and menu advise which ended up being perfect. I ordered the Ribeye, which as expected was pricey $35.00 for 14oz, but it was delicious cooked exactly as I requested. In fact when they served it to me they said please cut into your meat and make sure it's what you ordered before they left my side. My in-laws shared a chicken dinner plate (can't recall exactly what) between the two of them, and had plenty to eat. My husband ordered Carne Asada topped with Reata's cheese enchilada's, It was very good, one of the best Carne Asada's he's had, with plenty to take home. Others in the party only ordered appetizers, but they were large enough for a meal. I also had the field greens salad which was very good, and had a light dressing. Desserts here are excellent as well, this time most of us weren't hungry, but we opted to share the dessert taco's something we don't have around our way, they were tasty and as well large enough to share. We did notice this evening that the noise level in the dining area was quite loud, don't know if it was our seat location, or the time of night, but we found ourselves yelling at times to hear one another. Side note, drink specials are excellent too, the cowboy cosmo, was a great choice.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank OuCilly
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Recently dined here for my wife's birthday. It was our first time and definitely won't be our last.

Reata is in a great location...downtown Ft.Worth, in Sundance Square. When we arrived (on a Saturday night), our table was waiting for us and the hostesses made a point to wish my wife a "Happy Birthday" as we were being escorted to our table. Aside from being seated directly under a huge bison head, the ambiance and decor of the dining room was nice, if somewhat dark. If you ever want to see cowboys dressed in their finest for a date, this is the place to come... the jeans were creased, the boots and huge belt buckles shined, and the fancy designed shirts starched! Real Texas! There were a large number of families dining and the staff was very accommodating.

The food was amazing. My wife had the rib eye and I had the Chef's Special, which was another steak dish with shrimp. Both were excellent! The wine list was very good, featuring some local wineries.

Reata has valet parking, but on the weekend evenings in Sundance Square, the majority of parking lots are free and several are close to the restaurant. Reservations are strongly recommended! when we left the restaurant @7:45, there were at least 9 parties without reservations hoping to get seated.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“This is Where the West Begins”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Reata's is a classic, and one foot in the door ushers you into the Fort Worth of a bygone era -- truly where the west begins. The foot is Southwestern classic -- from innovative cuisine to good ol' comfort food. The selection is wide and I have never had a disappointing meal. The service is almost as good as the food. And, the atmosphere is authentically western. You expect to see Frederick Remington over in the corner sketching for one of his paintings, then taking a break to chow down on the quality of food he only wishes he could have experienced in his day. Reata's is more than a restaurant; it's a destination!

• Visited November 2012
Vercelli, Italy
“Great place in Down Town”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The restaurant is located in downtown Fort Worth, on the terrace of a building. The view you have is very beautiful, especially at sunset, which is mirrored in front of the skyscrapers.
You can dine outdoors under a canopy or indoors, there is something for all tastes.
Excellent dishes served, both in terms of taste and presentation.
The place is ideal for a dinner or just a drink.
If there is a note to do maybe you could improve the quality of cocktails, not the best of Fort Worth.

Visited February 2013