“Go ahead, try the Calf Fries”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Reata is a great date place, the lunch menu is pretty affordable for a "nice" lunch. The hand wrapped tamales are AWESOME! I have never had anything here I did not like and that includes the calf fries on the sampler platter (the quail is darn good too). The sides are amazing, the cheddar grits are yum yum.

There are newer reviews for Reata Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Reata is in a great location with a knowledgeable and friendly staff. Unfortunately the food was not as good as the atmosphere. Out of the three in our party, only one of us said the food was "okay." It just could have been an off-night for the cook but after seeing the desert options, I am guessing not.

1  Thank Connoisseur72
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been here twice on business trips, and it is definitely worth it. The server couldn't tell me whether the steaks are wet or dry aged, and they are not prime....but are definitely flavorable! I had a delicious Bellini with dinner, and stuffed myself with steak and sides. The creamed corn is a definite highlight - perfect texture, I believe it's made with bourbon? The jalapeño Mac and cheese doesn't compare but is yummy as well. Not a bread eater, but couldn't resist the mini cornbread muffins - they were worth it.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family planned a surprise birthday dinner at the Reata! I had dined there before but did not know they had private rooms! It was wonderful! We were able to enjoy privacy and I could open gifts without disturbing other diners! The appetizers, entrees, and service were exceptional!
The staff really went out of their way to make my birthday special!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very Friendly but nevertheless evil staff tempting you to desserts that looks mall but end up being far larger than expecting. Excellent steaks and interesting interior decor (buffalo head etc)
Definelty a place to go