“Excellent fare for a fair price”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: Houston St. & Weatherford St.
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Service is outstanding. Salad bar is AMAZING--I've never known a salad bar to offer such exquisite foods. It included smoked salmon sashimi, a very tasty shrimp salad (had a little kick to it), and freshly-cut meats.

Speaking of meat, this place has a really smart system. All you can eat from the salad bar, and all you can eat meat that the servers bring to your table upon request. The price is set at about $40 or so for adults. Children under 5 eat for $5. Children under 12 are about $20. I fed my entire family a scrumptious meal for about $110. It was worth every dollar. The meats are fresh and perfectly seasoned. The atmosphere is versatile, but it would probably be ideal for a romantic night out with the spouse.

My children really enjoyed the fried bananas that are served. They make for an excellent dessert, too, if you're like me and don't usually splurge on desserts.

I will be returning very frequently to Texas de Brazil.

1  Thank MJ W

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We just love there so much! The best salad bar!! And the soup was so good! Yes meat is not good as Stake restaurant, but common! It's all you can eat and as those type of restaurant, meat is great! It is our to go restaurant from now. :)

1  Thank Matsuai
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My girlfriend treated me to a Texas de brazil dinner after running the cowtown half marathon earlier in the day, so I was excited for a lot of meat after carbbing in the morning. We got there and alas, we went up a couple of flights of stairs. No biggie, but the problem was that it seemed like we got a little forgotten up there. It took a good 10 or so minutes, well into our salad, before we got our drinks (BTW, the Xinghu beer was very good). On the other hand, thank you to the hostess for seating us 30 minutes early!

As for the meat, why else would you go? That's what I was there for. And honestly, it was hit and miss. Flank steak (with a little burnt crispness to it) and the picanha? Very tasty, as were the sirloin tips, I believe The ribs and sausage and chicken? Miss. Ribs were way dripping in sauce, and the sausages tasted a lot like the "little smokies" my mom used to get at the grocery store that she fried up in a pan. Parmesan chicken tasted about like a wing one could get at a WingStop. Salad bar beforehand was good and kudos for having chimichurri available, as well as some tasty prosciutto. Carrot cake for dessert was fantastic last night and the rest of it will be good tonight. Nothing consistent - food was very good or poor.

All in all, I am incredibly thankful for a meal for a carnivore after the cowtown half. But for what I'm guessing to be a $50 per person dinner, before drinks or dessert, I hoped for better. Not bad, but not great. Some food great, some not at all. Service got better as the night went on, but it seemed like my area of the restaurant was kind of forgotten for long periods of time. My suggestion would be to stick to the beef, and leave the sausage and ribs to the BBQ joints. Right now, if you told me I'm spending $50 for dinner in FTW, you'll see me at Lili's or Shinjuku or Del Friscos.

1  Thank R W
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A lot of folks came to tell me goodbye and I purposely picked Texas De Brazil because it had been a favorite with my co-workers. I was somewhat disapointed that it took SO LONG to get food to us - and service was sporadic - My dad was my escort and at the end of the meal, the waitress brought him coffee and I attempted to tell her that it had not been ordered - she got pretty defensive and insistent but my daughter-in-law graciously took the coffee that no one ordered (my dad is 84 and has never drank a cup of coffee in his life so I felt pretty confident the waitress had made an error).
I was glad to have the party and grateful for the friends and family that came - but if it had been my first visit, I would not ever come back. (All the meats were INCREDIBLY salty, too). Will I go back? Maybe. But it is so difficult to find parking, pretty pricey, and there is a lot of competition for my disposable income so I will have to think long and hard about whether or not I think it would be worth it.

1  Thank Lstew55
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me start by saying I love this restaurant, the food is beyond amazing and always top notch but my recent visit was very much lackluster unfortunately. For starters we made a reservation for 615pm on a Sunday, show up and are told they are running beyond and we would have to wait. I figured 5-10 minutes tops but it ended up being almost 45 minutes wait past our reservation time, that's ridiculous. It seemed like walk ins were waiting just as long so what was the use of calling the day before. Not to mention when we were finally seated it was one of the worst tables in the whole place, about 3 feet from the Salad bar with people crowded around you. I had to pull the server and hostess to get us another table asap because that was crazy after waiting 45 minutes. So all this aside we end up with a different table after talking to the hostess who seemed to roll her eyes at me because I didn't want the awful table.Throughout the meal I waited 25 minutes to get my water refilled and at one point I had to 15 minutes with my card up for any gauchos to come by with meat. By then I was just done with everything. At the end we had brought some specialty cupcakes to have with my wife's birthday dinner and the server seemed to have an attitude about this. I might have ordered desert there as well If I didn't wait another 20 minutes after I finished for the server to clear our plates and actually bring us a check not to mention they never even offer desert to us.Then it took another 15 minutes to get change from our check. All said and done with our 615 reservation we were not out of there until almost 9pm. I have doubts about actually going back here every again, there's a lot of other restaurants who can have my money.

4  Thank selrahc1967