“REAL”

Grand Prairie, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REAL”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Loved the authentic Texas atmosphere. It's always crowded, but worth the wait. Real french fries and giant yummy hamburgers. Live music on the large patio. Fun place and good food.

Visited November 2012

Macon, GA
“Breakfast”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We got to Fred's before meeting a client and it was still breakfast. We were a little disappointed until we got our food. Breakfast was great. Nothing like chicken fired steak and eggs to start the day. We wanted lunch but we had a great breakfast. Would do it again! We sat in the bar so it was a little loud.

Fort Worth, Texas
“a very Fort Worth expereince”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Be nice and they'll be nice back. Beer comes quick and they always seem to find fries for my kiddo long before our food comes. A long wait is expected for your food, but I keep coming back because I LOVE their patty melt. It's outrageous, almost obscene. Drippy, melty, greasy oh so good. I never eat on the patio, always at a booth. No, it's not as divey as it used to be, but its a solid burger with good service and cold beer. No problems here.

• Visited November 2012
Newark, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burger, but not worth the price...”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This place is known for it's burgers, and no one would be disappointed in the taste and presentation. The problem is the price. I had the bacon mushroom burger. There was no doubt that it ranked near the top for taste. This thing was large and messy to eat, bursting with flavor; all the things you want in a burger.The fries are excellent, hand cut and golden brown. I'm just not convinced it was worth 13.50. I've had burgers equal to this for far less at several other places. I wish to note that the service was top notch. the atmosphere was great, and the beer was cold. Parking during the lunch hour is a problem.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Always seems to disappoint”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I love the IDEA of Fred's--and I used to actually love Fred's. But since 7th Street has blown up around it (which it can't help), Fred's doesn't have the same feel (which it can help). Part of it is the new fancy patio--so ick. It doesn't have any of the charm the old patio had. Yes, there were times we used to have to eat in in a covered area of the parking lot, but there was something genuine and fun about it. Last time I went to Fred's, we tried our darnedest to be there before noon on a Sunday so we could order breakfast/brunch (which, from last I remember, is delish!). We arrived at 12:02 and were DENIED breakfast. We sat at the outdoor bar and the bar stools are uncomfortable--I kept feeling like I was falling out of my seat (they're tractor-seat bar stools). Finally I settled on something for lunch, and they came back to tell me they didn't offer that that day. I finally settled on something different, and got it about 20 minutes later. My brother, whom I was with, didn't receive his burger and fries until after I was finished with my meal (I ordered grilled Rocky Mountain Oysters, so they had to be eaten before they got cold). Not to mention, this place is WAYYYYY overpriced for the food it is. I understand it's in the middle of trendy 7th Street, but, overall, it's too expensive and I never seem to leave fully satisfied. I'll think twice before attempting to have Fred's breakfast/brunch.