“Great burger, but not worth the price...”
Review of Fred's Cafe

Fred's Cafe
Ranked #55 of 1,622 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This place is known for it's burgers, and no one would be disappointed in the taste and presentation. The problem is the price. I had the bacon mushroom burger. There was no doubt that it ranked near the top for taste. This thing was large and messy to eat, bursting with flavor; all the things you want in a burger.The fries are excellent, hand cut and golden brown. I'm just not convinced it was worth 13.50. I've had burgers equal to this for far less at several other places. I wish to note that the service was top notch. the atmosphere was great, and the beer was cold. Parking during the lunch hour is a problem.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I love the IDEA of Fred's--and I used to actually love Fred's. But since 7th Street has blown up around it (which it can't help), Fred's doesn't have the same feel (which it can help). Part of it is the new fancy patio--so ick. It doesn't have any of the charm the old patio had. Yes, there were times we used to have to eat in in a covered area of the parking lot, but there was something genuine and fun about it. Last time I went to Fred's, we tried our darnedest to be there before noon on a Sunday so we could order breakfast/brunch (which, from last I remember, is delish!). We arrived at 12:02 and were DENIED breakfast. We sat at the outdoor bar and the bar stools are uncomfortable--I kept feeling like I was falling out of my seat (they're tractor-seat bar stools). Finally I settled on something for lunch, and they came back to tell me they didn't offer that that day. I finally settled on something different, and got it about 20 minutes later. My brother, whom I was with, didn't receive his burger and fries until after I was finished with my meal (I ordered grilled Rocky Mountain Oysters, so they had to be eaten before they got cold). Not to mention, this place is WAYYYYY overpriced for the food it is. I understand it's in the middle of trendy 7th Street, but, overall, it's too expensive and I never seem to leave fully satisfied. I'll think twice before attempting to have Fred's breakfast/brunch.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nothing I like better than a dive with great food and cold beer. This place has them both! Also a great place for breakfast, including drink specials on the weekends, but go early...this place gets crowded fast. You won't regret it!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great burgers, cold beer. Can't get any better. I prefer a different style of fries however. The Diablo burger is my favorite on their menu.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fred's is one of my favorites for hamburgers in Fort Worth. The inside is a little cramped, but the outside is great on nice weather days. The food is great and good place for lunch.