“Not German sorry !”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not German sorry !”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The food did not have the furthest resemblance to any German dish and the quality was beyond poor .

We are from Germany, lived here 5 years and were hoping for a good German meal . It would have been ok if it was Americanized and good quality , but it was neither.

Really I am embarrased that anybody would think Germans cook like that - our fast food is 20x better than that and nobody in Germany would eat Spaetzle with bratkartoffeln, Rotkohl and Schnitzel - huh ? Pfui Teufel - das war wirklich großer Mist !

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Liklytulpe

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst German food I ever had.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was a special treat by my friends to celebrate my birthday. The food was terrible, nothing authentic, over-salted and over cooked. My "juicy" pork cutlets were super dry and very tough. My fries were so salty I couldn't eat them. My husband's red cabbage was cold and tasted like straight from a jar, his Jaegerschnitzel was fried past perfection (not a near miss); my friend's potato pancakes tasted like cardboard. This was a slap in the face of my German heritage. We now feel compelled to recreate our meals cooking them from scratch and giving our American friends the taste they missed out on. After complaining about the food we received no apologies, the owner avoided our table and we were charged the full price. The only positive thing was the entertainment and service. If you want real German food drive quickly past Edelweiss because you will not get it here. Major rip off.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RealGerman
Fort Worth, Texas
“Wondaba”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Real German food made by a real German. This place has been in Ft Worth for a long time. Food and entertainment are excellent.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sulrosslobo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“German Restaurant with a Long Heritage in Fort Worth”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Edelweiss has been a long time restaurant in Fort Worth that everyone went to when they wanted to eat and have fun. There is a dance floor, with an accordion player, another accompanist and the owner singing, especially happy birthday greetings. Used to be that a number of people danced, especially the famed chicken dance. When the place wasn't busy they'd come to play for you at your table.

On this visit, we were seated promptly, even though the place was pretty full, and our server was very attentive over the course of our meal there. We had the fried mushrooms as an appetizer followed by a salad. The mushrooms were a little over cooked but ok and the salad was mainly lettuce with some dressing and croutons, so again, was in the average category.

I had the schnitzel and hubby had beef tips in a paprika sauce. Hubby indicated his dish was good; however, my schnitzel was made of turkey instead of the beef cutlet I expected and was a little dry, even with brown gravy (it could have used more). Each main dish comes with pan fries, sauerkraut, and red cabbage. Pan fries were a little over done but ok (not greasy), red cabbage tasted good, and hubby liked the kraut. Cost is a little pricey ($15-17 for main dishes) for the quality of the food.

The interior and exterior are a little worn and there is a biergarten to the side that appeared empty the night we went. Great place for a family gathering with small children (reservations recommended). While not the best experience, we will return again.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed. Years past was one of our favorite places to go, but not now.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Service was slow but the waitress was very nice. Food was not at all like it used to be. Ribs were not cooked thoroughly and were extremely tough. Sausage tasted like a hot dog. Potatoes were very greasy and the sauerkraut was cooked until it turned to mush. It has been a few years since we had been there but will not return. To pricey for this poor quality of food.

• Visited May 2013