“Great steaks and service”
Review of Keg Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lipan, Texas
“Great steaks and service”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I love going to The Keg in Fort Worth, This restaurant has an excellent wait staff and the steaks are great! We have had a tough time finding a great steak house and went to The Keg about a year ago. We have been there about 20 times this last year. The meat is so tender and they actually prepare the steak just like you request - rare to medium rate. Excellent wine list - love the Pazzo and the desserts are my husbands favorite. The dress is casual, but the service and food is excellent. The staff shows a geniune concern and they act like they are excited to please!

• Visited March 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“Usually good but a Valentine's disappointment”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We love this place. We go for almost every special occasion. We took the day off to make sure we could enjoy happy hour on the 14th. We walked in and found out they on Valentine's day they had eliminated their happy hour. My guess is, just to make more money. We skipped happy hour and then because we had nothing to do we went ahead and ate dinner...at 4:30 in the afternoon. For the first time, my steak was so tough I could hardly cut it with my knife. It was just very disappointing.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DukeyG
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Lived Up To The Hype”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Was in Ft. Worth visiting and for a football game. I told our hosts that since I was in Texas, I wanted a good steak. They immediately brought up The Keg as their favorite place. I can see why. We were greeted and sat quickly to my surprise because we were a party of 5 and it was around 7:00 on a busy Friday night. Staff was friendly and seemed to be very familiar with the menu. I had the 10 oz Filet. It was only second to the filet at 951 Prime in Key West (but $30 cheaper) and was cooked perfectly (medium rare). Two in our party had the New York Strips with the peppercorn which they said were great. Two bottles of wine, the dinners and one dessert - $297 before tip. To be fair, one bottle of wine that someone in our party liked was $90. So all in all a good value and wonderful service and food. Too bad there are none in NJ...

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steve M
Granbury
“Not that special”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner on my birthday expecting a special dinner. We asked to change our seats because the music was inappropriate and too loud (Motown and Rap) for a Sunday afternoon. Had to send my martini back twice before they got it right. First time they forgot the ice and second time it came with olive juice. I asked for the lobster Cobb with the dressing on the side, you guessed it, I had to send that back too. When the manager came to our table we asked about the music and she explained that "corporate" in Vancouver BC picks the music for every Keg and that they all play the same music at the same time. I don't understand why some suit up in Canada has to pick the music for a restaurant in Cowtown. It will be a long time before we venture back, and maybe I'll have to place my order in writing. We'll stick to Del Frisco's for special days

• Visited July 2013
Austin,Texas
“Arlington location”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Horrible experience. By far one of the worst meals we have ever had. Poor service and a $40. steak that was mostly fat.Disappointing date night for us. We will never return.

• Visited July 2013