“Favorite Mexican food”
Review of Mexican Inn Cafe

Mexican Inn Cafe
Ranked #350 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Tex-Mex Restaurant featuring traditional Mexican food. Specialties include Brisket Tacos, Grilled Beef, Chicken & Sautéed Shrimp fajitas, Fresh ground "masa" corn tortillas and unquie chips, Lunch Specials, Happy Hour, serving Fort Worth since 1936.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I were in Dallas and wanted to eat Mexican food on a Saturday night. What we really wanted was to eat at the Mexican Inn in Fort Worth, so we drove over to the one on Henderson and thoroughly enjoyed it -- as we always do. We've been eating there, or the one on Camp Bowie, for years and it's our favorite Mexican food in the DFW area. Yes, better than Joe T's, in our opinion. Limited menu, dinners under $10, everything cooked just right, and we love the chips & salsa and, of course, the very thin and hot corn tortillas. And rarely do you have to wait in line -- maybe sometimes during the lunch rush.

There are newer reviews for Mexican Inn Cafe

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited Ft. Worth for the Armed Forces Bowl in late Dec 2012 and really enjoyed the traditional Tex-Mex food here. The fresh, puffy chips were especially good, and I loved that they bring you fresh corn tortillas with pats of butter, very old-school Tex-Mex. The menu is short, but everything we had was fresh, hot, and good - I had the cheese enchiladas. The service was good and they didn't pressure you to turn the table, we had time to chat without feeling rushed. Would definitely visit again - I grew up in Houston and really miss traditional Tex-Mex.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Camp Bowie Road version of the Mexican Inn was a great find for traditional Tex-Mex food when I visited for the Armed Forces Bowl. I had the tamales and my companions had the cheese enchiladas, and both were great traditional versions, complete with free homemade corn tortillas on the side. The chips and salsa were notably good - the chips were puffy and full of flavor, tasted like they were made from homemade tortillas (as advertised).

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have been coming to the Camp Bowie restaurant since I was a child. It remains my favorite and I visit every time I am in Fort Worth. My old stand-by is the Deluxe Mexican Dinner. The fresh hot corn tortillas are the very best I've had anywhere.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my go to Mexican restaurant when I just want a good, fresh plate of Tex-Mex. I usually go to the Camp Bowie Mexican Inn rather than the one on Henderson St., and I always get the #1 Tiffin Hall and substitute sour cream chicken enchiladas for the cheese enchiladas. The food is always well prepared and delicious. Mexican Inn is more of a family restaurant. They have good frozen swirl margaritas, and the service is always excellent.

1  Thank JTJT