New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #252 of 1,512 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
stafford, va
“Camp Bowie Mexican Inn - great traditional Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Camp Bowie Road version of the Mexican Inn was a great find for traditional Tex-Mex food when I visited for the Armed Forces Bowl. I had the tamales and my companions had the cheese enchiladas, and both were great traditional versions, complete with free homemade corn tortillas on the side. The chips and salsa were notably good - the chips were puffy and full of flavor, tasted like they were made from homemade tortillas (as advertised).

• Visited December 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“My Favorite for 40+ years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have been coming to the Camp Bowie restaurant since I was a child. It remains my favorite and I visit every time I am in Fort Worth. My old stand-by is the Deluxe Mexican Dinner. The fresh hot corn tortillas are the very best I've had anywhere.

• Visited December 2012
Texas
“My Go To Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my go to Mexican restaurant when I just want a good, fresh plate of Tex-Mex. I usually go to the Camp Bowie Mexican Inn rather than the one on Henderson St., and I always get the #1 Tiffin Hall and substitute sour cream chicken enchiladas for the cheese enchiladas. The food is always well prepared and delicious. Mexican Inn is more of a family restaurant. They have good frozen swirl margaritas, and the service is always excellent.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JTJT
Arlington, TX
“A Local Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Don't confuse the new Mexican Inns with the few old originals remaining...the one on Henderson is one of the originals and a family favorite. Can't find a better tortilla! And I love the oldstyle pats of real butter between the cardboard and wax paper. I could honestly just go here and fill up on chips and tortillas.

• Visited November 2012
Houston
“Mexican Inn - Burleson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Although we have eaten many times at the original Mexican Inn i Ft Worth, this review is for the one in Burleson. It is very good. Sevice and food. We always enjoy. Nice drinks, hand made tortillas, and great chili rellanos.

• Visited November 2012