“My Go To Mexican Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #236 of 1,547 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Texas
“My Go To Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my go to Mexican restaurant when I just want a good, fresh plate of Tex-Mex. I usually go to the Camp Bowie Mexican Inn rather than the one on Henderson St., and I always get the #1 Tiffin Hall and substitute sour cream chicken enchiladas for the cheese enchiladas. The food is always well prepared and delicious. Mexican Inn is more of a family restaurant. They have good frozen swirl margaritas, and the service is always excellent.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JTJT

Arlington, TX
“A Local Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Don't confuse the new Mexican Inns with the few old originals remaining...the one on Henderson is one of the originals and a family favorite. Can't find a better tortilla! And I love the oldstyle pats of real butter between the cardboard and wax paper. I could honestly just go here and fill up on chips and tortillas.

• Visited November 2012
Houston
“Mexican Inn - Burleson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Although we have eaten many times at the original Mexican Inn i Ft Worth, this review is for the one in Burleson. It is very good. Sevice and food. We always enjoy. Nice drinks, hand made tortillas, and great chili rellanos.

• Visited November 2012
Seattle, WA
“Mexican Inn - Fort Worth, TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had lunch at the Mexican Inn at 2700 Lancaster Avenue, Fort Worth, TX a couple of weeks ago, and can honestly say that I had the best Mexican food I have ever eaten. I had the Arroz con Pollo, which is to die for! It was a good size portion and came with a small chicken chimichanga, which was also delicious. And to make it even better, their prices are very reasonable. I live in Seattle, and wish I could find quality Mexican food here like I had that day at Mexican Inn.

The Mexican Inn restaurants have been operating in Fort Worth since 1936, and is really the go to place to get fantastic, authentic Mexican food. They make their own tortilla chips, salsa, and corn tortillas. You get the warm corn tortillas with your meal in a serving dish that keeps them warm. Very tasty! The chips were like nothing I've had before - fried crispy and delicate. If you can't finish them all, you can get a paper bag to take them home with you, which we did.

If you're ever in Fort Worth and get a hankering for Mexican food, you should give this place a try. They have at least 5 restaurants in Fort Worth, so you have a choice of locations. I'm sure the quality of food is the same at all of them. Just thinking about it makes me want to hop on a plane to Texas just to get more of that fantastic food!

• Visited October 2012
Killeen, Texas
“Mexican Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

A favorite of my family for years! The "frito style" chips are great and the guacamole is always the best. Love the enchilada/ relleno plate and always have to have a margarita. A tradition in Ft. Worth.

• Visited September 2012