“Nice ambience; great food”
Review of Little Red Wasp

Little Red Wasp
Ranked #34 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Little Red Wasp Kitchen + Bar in the heart of downtown Fort Worth offers straightforward food, lots of beer and a full bar. Our kitchen is open 7 days a week and serves brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We tried this place last night (23 Nov 13) based upon a review in the local paper, and it was spot on for quality and service. It is a new place that features a mixture of comfort food and some upscale offerings, but the prices are reasonable and family friendly.

The queso and corn tortilla chips appetizer was very tasty; they also have a house made ranch dip with house made potato chips that looked very appealing as well.

My wife had the Greek salad, and it was a very large portion that came with four huge poached shrimp. I had the crispy shrimp and fries, which came with four of the same sized shrimp, and a huge accompaniment of fries. More than enough to satisfy a hungry diner on any evening.

Other menu offerings include a chili dog fully loaded, a burger with all the trimmings, as well as a NY strip that clocks in as the most expensive thing on the menu at $36.00. The bar selections were almost limitless, with their selection of beers and ales rivaling that of most "beer pubs."

Service was extremely attentive, and very friendly. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting. This place is a small, intimate locale sandwiched between two of Fort Worth's finest steak houses, and manages to attract not only the family demographic, but also those that frequent such upscale steak places. Well worth the visit, and certainly a keeper on our list of dining in downtown Fort Worth.

There are newer reviews for Little Red Wasp

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place, friendly staff, good food, a bit pricey for lunch, how bout some lunch specials? The potato crusted Fish and spinach was great, not worth 18.00

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

A friend recommended this place and now we are doing the same. It's in a great place in Fort Worth. I had the Arctic char; other dishes ordered were ahi tuna sandwich and ribs. We all had excellent meals. This is a fun, friendly place with wonderful food.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went as a group of six for a business lunch today. It was very busy so they split us into one group of four and another of two. The decor was nice and feel of the restaurant too. The crowd was a bit more the business account spender feel.

Upon initial glance of the menu, most entrees range from $14 to $30 without any sides. My coworker had a Reuben and me a Cobb Salad. Both came highly recommended by the server. Prior to our entrees, we ordered the poblano queso dip. It was quite nice but nothing out of this world. About 15 minutes later, the server comes by to apologize for our order not yet being ready. It'd be out shortly we were promised. 10 minutes later, the server had not yet come by and seemed to avoid our table. I flagged down the manager who apologized and quickly went to the galley to get the order out. By this time, about 30 minutes had passed and the other part of our group had been well into their meal.

Coworker's Reuben was big but very greasy. My Cobb was very visually pleasing but lacked real flavor.

Overall, I've had better. A $5 Subway sandwich would've been better. I'd at least have been able to get in and out while also getting better service.

So next time you're arranging a business meal and its imporant to impress your client, SKIP THIS PLACE. Its not worth the time nor frustration. First time here will be my last too.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went for brunch Saturday. First we were told the cappuccino machine was broken, oh then it wasn't but the coffee that came for 4.00 was half full....which was about 5 sips and not good.We started with the homemade potato chips and dip, that was the hi-lite of the evening. My boyfriend had the corn beef hash and i had the Reuben. it was the same shredded dry meat with no flavor. Worse Reuben i ever had, they put both mustard and thousand island dressing on it and the two did not marry. should have gone to Carshon's....so much better and you get a pickle spear for half the price..I felt sad, we love Grace but the Little Red Wasp should just fly away.