“Bar Louie is a cut above the rest on W. 7th!”
Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #1,029 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Okay, so Bar Louie does their drinks about as well as anyone, and they do serve a bit better than average bar food, making them one of the better gastropubs around, but, what really does it for me is the atmosphere.

And that is to say that when you go to Bar Louie, you don't sit downstairs. You go up the massive staircase to the upstairs bar and sit OUTSIDE on the roof overlooking W. 7th. Take a drink or get one from the upstairs bar, and sit out on the very comfy and abundant patio furniture and enjoy the vibe. In the winter, they run the space heaters and misters in the summer...it is SO worth your time to dig what this rooftop bar has to offer! So get some!

There are newer reviews for Bar Louie

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We want to like Bar Louie, and for a long period of time we were regulars, but the last two times there the flies outnumbered the patrons. Bar Louie has great cocktails! Really well made, very delicious and served by very friendly and skilled bartenders. It takes a lot to step away from that but somehow during June and July the fly problem became too much. I don't like getting buzzed by the whole time I'm sitting at the bar. Fix this please, as I would love to come back and become a regular again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I recently had a business meeting here after hours and was somewhat unimpressed. I quite literally waited 25 minutes just to place my initial drink order. Perhaps I didn't look yuppie enough to warrant immediate (or even average) attention. Someone else at the table had to ask twice for service. At least the happy hour beer was cold and reasonably-priced. Draft selection was decent, too, with close to 20 brews to choose from.

Food was better than I'd expected, and the flatbread was great. That said, the $1 burgers are a misleading joke—the picture shows a fully-loaded cheeseburger with fries on the side but all you get for a buck is a hamburger patty on a dry bun with a couple shreds of lettuce. If you order based on the pic, it'll cost more along the lines of $6-8. (Even the mayonnaise is extra!)

Being on revitalized 7th St, the building inside and out was clean and well-maintained. Not very many flatscreens scattered around the interior but still enough stay on top of things. Clientele was definitely not my cup of martini but I suppose that was my fault for being there in the first place.