“Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 29, 2018

First, it is important to know that Mexican food is not my fav. Other than margaritas and guacamole, I could live the rest of my life without a taco. That said, this is a fun way to do Mexican food appealing to all types of taco lovers. I had the Tipsy Chick which was delicious. An unusual kind of taco but fresh ingredients made it work, but the stand out on this particular taco - the BACON BOURBON MARMALADE - oh goodness! I could buy a bottle of that and put it on almost everything. The chips were light, just the right amount of salt (my husband thought they could use more salt but then again he is a salt addict). And while the salsa didn't stand out for me, I thought the guacamole was fantastic. My brother took us here with his small kids on a Sunday for lunch. We just beat the rush, but the line was out the door and down the sidewalk by the time we left, so obviously a very popular spot.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Horrible place. I have never tried a Torchys and I will never return. Ordered and the cashier told me what a fantastic place it was. I guess it could be fantastic if you don't expect to get your food. Waited for 30 minutes and no food. Cashier could not find order. I was issued a refund with no sign of an apology. Not a good way to run an eating establishment.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Tacos were good, atmosphere entertaining. Enjoyed the experience as we are older and had gone with our 30+ yr old kids. Always fun to see what places they like to eat at.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Eat here for early breakfast and to celebrate daughters birthday.
Breakfast tacos were very good. Everyone in party (7) had different items and all enjoyed. Will go again

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The queso here is the best you will ever, EVER have. Street corn and Dixie Chic are unique and delicious. All tacos are wonderful.