Saffron Sky
Ranked #758 of 1,604 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Saffron Sky is a quaint Mediterrannean/Middle Eastern Bakery Cafe Restaurant. We specialize in Gyros, Shawarma, Falafel, and Hummus on wraps, salads & rice plates. We have may varieties of Baklava and other delicious middle eastern pastries. All our food is made on our premises and is fresh, healthy & delicious. We are located near 121 and N. Beach next to the Shaban Bakery.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We popped in this place for lunch by chance and were not disappointed at all. The place looked quite deserted when we went in, but the staff was very welcoming. Their lunch deals were great and we ordered a falafal combo and a shavarma combo. The accompanying salads were very refreshing and the mains too were quite delicious. Portions were quite decent for the very reasonable prices. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank Sapna S

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We happened to drive by and see this restaurant, while out running errands. We decided to take a chance and stop in for lunch. Boy, were we glad we did! I ordered the vegetarian plate for lunch. The starter was a soup or salad, I decided to go with the lentil soup, even though it was 100 degrees out, I was glad I made that choice! I could have just eaten the soup and been satisfied, it was divine. The falafel was perfection...best I have had in a long time! The dolmas were fantastic as well, and the humus and baba ghanoush were really good. The serving sizes were very generous. And our waitress...Kim...absolutely the best server I have had in as long as I can remember. She was SO nice and accomodating. Really a great, all-around experience. Will go back again and again.

1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We popped into this restaurant today for lunch. The server was super friendly and explained the menu to us. She made some recommendations that were exactly what we wanted. The Greek salad was nice with just the right balance for the dressing, nice and "herby." We both had the lunch specials, mine the vegetarian and my husband the shwarma. Tasty, tasty. The interior is warm and inviting. overall a great lunch.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great menu, lots of choices! Saffron Sky offers very delicious Med/Greek food in a casual/kid-friendly atmosphere at a very reasonable price. The portions were generous and everything was tasty. I had mixed grill kabobs...chicken, lamb, beef. All were moist and delicious. The hummus was wonderful and served with beautiful presentation. The falafel was amazing. My husband had kafta and was equally impressed. No alcoholic beverages are served and no evidence of BYOB. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I read a review of this restaurant in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and liking Mediterranean food, my husband and I set out to have dinner there a few months ago.

Although near the intersection of two well-known Fort Worth streets (Bryant Irvin and Camp Bowie), you have to know that it's tucked away in a shopping strip just a block south of Camp Bowie. One we found it, we decided it was well worth the search.

Browsing the menu, we found a variety of items we wanted to try. The prices are so reasonable that we decided to order different things and share them. We sampled the hummus, the tabouli, the gyros, the farfala, lamb kabob, and the stuffed grape leaves with lamb. Everything we had was delicious -- just as delicious, if not more so, as the other Med restaurants in Fort Worth, only not as pricey.

We have since visited SK on two other occasions. We sampled the lentil and chicken vegetable soups and were not disappointed. We also tried -- for the first time - the Baba Ganouche, which is much like hummus, but made with eggplant. We liked the richer, smokier taste of the BG, and are trying to duplicate the recipe at home to enjoy!

On our third visit, we noticed they had implemented lunch specials at reasonable prices. We can only hope they do a great business at lunch, too.

The atmosphere? It's pleasant with the ubiquitous med art one might expect, but it's quite peaceful and calm. Service is attentive, but not overly bothersome.

All-in-all, a great place to experience Mediterranean food at decent prices, so try one of everything! We will be back, and invite others to try Saffron Sky for something different in Fort Worth dining. Best of luck to our friends at Saffron Sky!

1  Thank likes2goplaces