“Fun place for a good burger”
Review of Rodeo Goat

Rodeo Goat
Ranked #7 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Rodeo Goat offers really unusual burger topping combinations. There are always two "new" ones that are being tried out. (I gather the winner makes it onto the regular menu at some point.) I have ordered two different burgers there, but have tasted about a half-dozen. I have my favorites, but every burger I tasted was good-some were spicier than I'd like, some (like the one with a fried egg on it) just weren't my style. But they were all good. Any burger on the menu can be made with beef, turkey, chicken or veggie patty. The variety of offerings is quite inventive, and I would think anyone could find a combo they would like. The atmosphere is fun. It is also loud, and the ambience sort of warehouse-like. The inside tables are all hightops seating 6-8 on bar stools (no backs). The outside patio has picnic tables that easily would seat 8. Even in the horrific heat of July, the chiller fans outside kept the patio very pleasant for eating outside. I have not ever gone there that it wasn't packed. I have no clue about the waitstaff to diner ratio, but it would be a daunting task. The person checking and expediting orders as they came out of the kitchen was totally in control of what was happening. But somehow the waitstaff just didn't measure up. Our person took orders from all 6 at our table but somehow one person's food didn't show up at the same time. That same person was never asked about another drink, etc. It was just strange. The waitstaff just seemed overwhelmed by the whole thing. It was difficult to get someone to give us a bill, and then as difficult to get them to take our credit card. We had our meals and drinks all on one bill, so it wasn't really that hard. I would definitely recommend a visit -- you will have a good meal and a fun time, and just be prepared if service isn't as good as the rest of the experience.

There are newer reviews for Rodeo Goat

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I will first say, that I may visit Rodeo Goat one more time just to see if my first experience was the usual. I had the The Telluride which is said to have green chili chutney, lettuce, tomato, onion, roasted poblano goat cheese spread, hatch chilis. With all those delicious ingredients, you would expect a lot of flavor. That was not the case for me. Below average burger, especially for the price. We had great service.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

After all we'd heard about Rodeo Goat, we had high expectations, and their burgers did not live up to the praise. I had the Oh Whitney, and my husband had the Telluride. It was a busy night, and it took over an hour to get our food, and it was a weeknight. What arrived were two grease saturated burgers. Seriously, they were swimming in grease. The flavor was so-so, the parking is pretty much non-existent, so we have no plans to go back.

1  Thank Barbara N
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

The food here is great! The burgers and the salads are both good. You can get a typical burger or you can get one of the specialty burgers with some different/unique toppings.

The service here has been VERY slow every time I've been here. So just be sure to allow plenty of time if you want to eat here.

Restaurant is located in the west 7th area of downtown Fort Worth. It has a very small parking lot, so you will probably have to figure out alternate parking. Be careful about parking in garages as this probably isn't an approved place.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Had my first burger at Rodeo Goat this week. Very industrial building by design with the place packed for lunch. Waiting room only for what had been described as the best burger in Fort Worth.

Huge menu selection from burgers with jalapeño to ground chicken. My friend ordered the Tralingua burger complete with fries. I stuck to the ground chicken which was not only healthy but excellent. Wait staff was busy and prompt.

Parking is a major issue but most young people work and live on or near 7th Street. Walking to lunch was not a challenge to them.

Highly recommend Rodeo Goat. Go early!!!

1  Thank R0nR812