“Very good but...”

Ranked #7 of 1,585 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Rodeo Goat has taken this part of Ft Worth by storm and it is a really good burger...but in my opinion it's not the best burger in town, or the neighborhood. I believe Fred's and Kincaid's and M&O are superior.

Stick with beef and avoid anything with bean patties as a topping. The sugar burger with candied bacon and grilled peaches is very good.
I really like the blue goat with blue cheese slaw, and the whiskey burger with Irish whisky cheddar and blackberries is really tasty.

Sides are meh.

There are newer reviews for Rodeo Goat

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I heard so much hype about this place and their burgers. I was disappointed to say the least. The bun the largest part of the burger, much larger than the actual meat portion. It was pretty flat and lifeless looking, containing a small meat patty, bacon, whole grain mustard and blackberry compote. Now the $2 goat chips were incredible, but not sure they are enough to take me back. There are so many great burgers out there for this price!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We've been twice; once for dinner and this time for lunch. This place is always busy! We decided to sit outside and, even though it was a July afternoon, the seating area was covered and they had misting fans so it was quite pleasant. Their burgers are different and very tasty. This time, because I'm trying to keep the calorie count down, I had the Cowboy Cobb salad. It was different but very good. (I hate that places always pile the ingredients separately and I have to cut up the meat and mix everything up and the plate is never big enough to do all of this but everything was fresh and there were a couple of unique items. I'd never had chive goat cheese but I liked it and the jalapeno "croutons" (fried slices of jalapeno) had quite a kick to them. (Too many places serve jalapenos that don't have any "hot" in them at all.) If you like burgers and want to try something different, give Rodeo Goat a try.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

They have delicious hamburgers with toppings you don't find in most places. The meat is good and the toppings are fresh. Another great place to hang out while your order is cooking.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My first experience at Rodeo Goat was excellent. We got there before the heavy rush on a Saturday and they were already doing a brisk business and the place was pretty much full. The waitresses were just the right amount of attentive without being a bother. The burgers came out quickly and everything was hot, fresh and delicious. We had a Telluride, a Blue Goat, and a Sugar. I had the Telluride and I really enjoyed the combination of ingredients. The fries were fresh cut, etc. And they had Goat Chips (home fried chips...never really my favorite anywhere). The Telluride had a spicy kick which goes well with the mellow goat cheese spread.