“Great local spot with Incredible food!”

Mariposa's Latin Kitchen
Ranked #390 of 1,623 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend & I go here for either lunch or dinner 2-3 times a week. I've tried just about everything on their menu and its all fantastic and reasonably priced (except their salads, which are on the pricey side).

My favorites are the beef fajita tacos and brisket tacos, and the tamales are incredible too. My girlfriend lives the chicken fajita tacos and always gets a lemon cupcake when they haven't sold out of them.

Highly Recommend trying Mariposas out.

1  Thank SurfSevens

Reviewed July 9, 2013

For years I have been using Irma to cater events, provide Christmas Eve dinner, and host special events. She has the best Mexican food in town. Now that she has opened Mariposa's Latin Kitchen, all of Fort Worth is in for a treat!!! Her food is different from others Mexican venues because she develops such deep flavors with her culinary skills. Her salad is literally a crowd pleaser anytime I take it to a soiree. When you enter Mariposa's you will find a warm, inviting atmosphere with friendly service. To receive such incredible food for a modest price make Mariposa's a staple for our family. FYI: For foodies in Fort Worth, sign up for one of Irma's cooking or tamale classes. It is a blast to be able to create 12 tamales, and take them home to your family for the holidays. Run don't walk to Mariposa's for a wonderful dining experience!!!

1  Thank FortWorthFan
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We live close by in a neighboring area and have added this little jewel to our regular places to dine. In fact I ordered Christmas Eve dinner almost completely from them. The first time we ate there I had to send a picture of one of their incredible butterfly cookies to a foodie friend. We have really enjoyed our experiences there. The atmosphere is inviting and cozy. The service is excellent! The one thing I can agree with the other reviewer about bland was the mini pork tacos. The corn tortillas were bland and the filling was not to my taste , but we have loved everything else we have tried.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was so very disappointed. Nothing had any flavor. The sauce was bland. The tamale was saturated in cheese and mushy. The only good thing was our waitress, who was very sweet.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Dropped in for lunch after reading a review in the newspaper that morning. There were a lot of people there for lunch with the same idea as mine. Located in a small strip mall called Locke Blocke, right off of Westside Camp Bowie Blvd. This is a charming, very small restaurant with counter-service. The décor is contemporarily quaint with tables that look to be 150 years old.

There was a long wait to order because the restaurant was overwhelmed with customers from the morning review. The owner offered up apologies to everyone for the wait but guaranteed a delicious meal. We were in no hurry and the food was well worth the wait.

The lunch and dinner menu is small offering mostly tacos and enchiladas served a la carte or with traditional Mexican or Cuban rice and beans. There is also a la carte tamales. We started with an order of guacamole ($4.95) and the server brought us chips and salsa. The chips were freshly made, lite, crisp and warm served with a chunky salsa that was not too hot or bland. The guacamole was some of the best I’ve had in a restaurant, fresh and creamy with the right balance of lime, celantro and onion. We opted for the combination enchilada plate ($9.95) which comes with 2 enchiladas of your choice. At first glance the enchiladas look like traditional Mexican. I had one chicken with sour cream sauce and one roasted chicken with poblano sauce. Both were freshly delicious with flavors that unfolded with each bite! My sweetie chose beef with chile ancho sauce topped with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and one cheddar cheese with chile ancho sauce. These were equally delicious and freshly made. (You get the theme yet? Fresh!!) We chose Cuban white rice mixed with firm black beans and loved every bite.

Mariposa’s Latin Kitchen is a mother-daughter team originally working as a caterer and known for their tamales. The restaurant may be small with a small menu but the flavors and freshness of everything packs a powerful punch. The tamales ($4.95) come in four variations; pork, beef, roasted chicken and jalapeno cheddar all offered with either chile ancho or chipotle sauce. They are pricey for one but are as large as a stuffed chiles rellenos and filling.

Tacos ($3.50) come in two sizes; regular or street taco size; beef, pork, roasted chicken, chicken or beef fajita and fish. The fajita is tender with a nice smoky flavor. The meat is smoked at the owners home, over hickory.

We didn’t have room to try it, but the tropical ceviche ($8.95) with tilapia, shrimp, avocado, mango, pineapple with cilantro-lime dressing, looked mouth watering and was a mound of a generous portion.

There are a number of deserts offered like chili pepper cookies and mini pralines. Sweetie had the pralines which takes the kitchen two days to make.

Mariposa’s is open Monday-Thursday 11am-8pm and Friday-Saturday 11am-9 pm. Breakfast is offered on Saturdays only and we definitely plan on giving it a try. I can’t wait for the weekend!!

2  Thank SculptorBeck