“Great Comedians, rip off of a club”

Hyena's Comedy Nightclub
Reviewed February 3, 2014

First of all, I called ahead before purchasing tickets to make sure the priority seating area was wheelchair accessible so I knew it shouldn't be an issue travelling with a wheelchair bound friend to have good seats. We arrived and were whisked right past the short line already forming to get in. Once in the showroom, they placed us at a table all the way in the back. I asked the gentleman that took us back why we were being seated in the back as we paid for priority seating. The man said well, wheelchair guests come here and walked off. Ticked, I asked the waitress when she came to get our order and she stated it was for safety purposes, the waitresses can't get around the wheelchair easily on the lower floor level. Infuriated, I went in search of a manager and fortunately was helped by another waitress that said Bull****, and thankfully moved us to her section at the stage. If that weren't enough, being the only real drinker of the group, I ordered cosmos...might as well have been a virgin as not an inkling of alcohol taste in my drink at $8 each. Although the comedians were fantastic, Hynea's is an overpriced rip off otherwise...

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"tickets"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Recently they have changed to a non smoking showroom which is AWESOME! Comedy is very funny. Service could be better but maybe she was having a bad night when we were there last week. My hubby and I visit here very often and they have completely changed everything. Still go for the comedy but after the show there is no reason to hang around anymore. They still have a karaoke room and live music stage to enjoy all under one roof however the karaoke SUCKS now! Use to the MC was a guy named Bernard and he was hilarious! Kept the fun going all night. Now there is a boring lady and some guy that acts stoned. They don't want anybody to have too much fun. The live music room is good but there is no dancing. This place has changed for the worse. Use your free tickets then go somewhere else to spend your money after the comedy show.

1  Thank bovine27
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're looking for something fun to do with (aged 21+) friends - this might very well 'fill the bill'! All the standard stereotypes apply.. two item minimum.. lots of laughs.. if you're sitting up front - you'll probably get picked on by the comic (all in good fun). The atmosphere is due to improve greatly when they open a smoke-free showroom in late May (2013). Sign up for a chance of getting free tix while you're there - most people I've spoken to get contacted with a freebie offer (we did). We'll be back!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wenbt to Hyena's Comedy Clud to celebrate a good friend's birthday. Wonderful club. The wait staff was average and the view is pretty good from all around. The comedians were great and the pricing is very reasonable. While there sign up to get free tickets.

There is a 2 drink minimum, but the prices for drinks are not any different from other bars/clubs in the area. Really good lineup as well. Thursday is the "open mic" night and I would like to go back to check that out some time.

Get there about 20 minutes before the show as it gets crowded and it is a first come first seated type arrangement. Park in the parking garage right behind the club.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My hubby and I go here about every 6 weeks. So funny! Top line up comedy and make sure to sign up for free tickets on their website. If you go a weekend that they haven't emailed you free tickets just print the buy one get one free ticket on their web page. Get there early cause it's first come first seating in the showroom. Do upgrade to preferred seating cause they sit that line first. Two drink min order per person in the showroom and they add a surcharge so don't feel pressured to tip. Drinks can be as high as $10 each in the showroom. But they have cool names, some light up with neat light things in them and usually strong.
After the comedy show there is karaoke in the karaoke bar. This is a MUST! Bernard (the host) is HILARIOUS!!! You can watch or get up and sing you fave song! The worse you are the better! Everyone is here for a good time! The bar in the karaoke area is great and there is even a shot girl making rounds. Drinks aren't too high ei... $5.50 mixed drinks and $3 shots. Most prices downtown Fort Worth are higher than that.
This place is a must visit for couples or singles ready for a night out on the town!

1  Thank bovine27