“Awesome”

West Side Cafe
Ranked #24 of 1,744 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Should have known it would be good by there size of the breakfast crowd at 10:30 in the morning. It was a good 20 minute wait to be seated.
Neat military themed waiting area with lots of pictures of I assume local heros and such, along with some interesting reading.
The cafe itself wasn't nearly large enough to accomodate the throng of waiting customers, but people were patient, and now I know why. The food.
Even though the place was old and well worn the food was excellent, with portion sizes above adaquate.
I got the steak & eggs. The 8 oz steak was thick and very tasty, cooked just like I asked. There were more than just a couple of eggs scrambled on the plate as well, more likely 3 to 4, and it came with a large serving of very tasty hash browns. I also ordered buscuits and gravy and could have passed, not because they weren't great, but the meal was almost too much to eat already without it.
My wife got a single pancake (plate size) and an order of hash browns, while my daughter got the whole order of 3 pancakes with a side of bacon (3pc) and hash browns herself. Couldn't come close to eating it all. Son-in-law got a western omlet and it must have been good as he wasted no time finishing it off. Grandson got a single pancake but could have shared his moms.
The waitstaff was large (as was the kitchen crew from what I could see), and very friendly, and the service was speedy with our order coming our very quick.
Everything was done correctly and cooked to perfection. Refills were timely and our waitress checked on us often. They've been doing things correctly at the West Side Cafe for a while I gaurantee.
We'll be back for sure, and next time for lunch or dinner. I bet it's every bit as good too.
Highly recommended (come prepared to wait a bit to be seated, but prepared to eat as well). This place has it going on. It's located kinda out of the way in an older area of town, but it's well worth finding your way to it.

2  Thank Frank S

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Good homestyle food. Varied selections and great looking dishes. Daily special is definitely worth trying. Will definitely go back to try more dishes.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

We actually ate here twice in 5 days, once for dinner and the other was breakfast. Both times we enjoyed what we ordered and the service was quick. A nice staff to talk with and the prices were reasonable. If we are back in this area again we will be back here to eat.

1  Thank 2antigua
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Happened to be in area getting some car work and came across this great place. Extensive menu, great service and delicious food. Couldn't ask for more b

Reviewed July 19, 2017

The manager's friendly greeting and hustle to setup a table for lunch for 5 hungry golfers was a sign of good things to come. Two had the CFS, tender, with an excellent breading and creamy gravy to match. Forsake the French fries (not fresh cut) for the thick mashed potatoes with gravy. The squash casserole was very good and so were all the other vegetables and salads our 5some enjoyed.
One had a country breakfast which might even feed the population of a small country, another a patty melt and another the vegetable platter.
All were pleased on their first visit here, thanked me for suggesting it and vowed to return.

1  Thank JimNColleyville_TX