“Exceptional service and exceptional food”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,742 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed August 16, 2017

We were treated very well from the time we walked in until the time we walked out. They make sure you are comfortable, you have everything you need to enjoy the experience and wait on you continuously while taking care of other customers.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Dear Fort Worth Visitors: PLEASE STAY AWAY! There are much better options in FW if you're looking for delicious steak.

As a Fort Worth native that has eaten at just about every "fine dining" restaurant in town, I am embarrassed that Capital Grille is some how the #1 rated "fine dining" restaurant according to Trip Advisor. When I visit other cities, I often let the Trip Advisor reviews play are large role in where I choose to eat, and it makes me sad that many visitors likely leave Fort Worth assuming this is the best we have to offer. It definitely isn't.

I've been to Capital on multiple occasions and every time the steak is insultingly disappointing. Every single time.

Over cooked. Room temperature. Flavorless. Burnt. Tough. Chewy. Fatty. Gristly.

These words describe my steak every single time I've been.

The rest of the experience is fine! Service is up to par with a fancy steak restaurant. Atmosphere is great. Appetizers, drinks, sides, and deserts are all good. But the most important part- the steak, always disappoints.

To be completely honest, all the 5-star reviews are quite baffling. People either:
1. Don't know any better and are fine with an underwhelming steak and are plenty satisfied as long as a steak house feels fancy and has good sides.
2. Aren't ordering steak here.
3. Are being incentivized to leave good reviews.

I promise I'm not some psycho out to get Capital Grille (I've spoken to plenty of other people that have been underwhelmed and disappointed by Capital).

If you're visiting Fort Worth and looking for a high end dining experience, I highly recommend visiting Del Friscos instead. MUCH better in all facets for pretty much the same price.

Other great restaurant options:
Reata-very genuine Texas themed Cusine and a little more moderately priced.
Lilis Bistro- fantastic food...their House Burger is the best gourmet burger on the planet.
Pizza Snob and Cane Rosso are two great pizzia options
Heim and Coopers are my favorite BBQ places
Spice- Best Thai
Glorias- awesome latin food with great (and strong Margaritas)
Uncle Julios- Best steak fajitas.. great frozen margarita swirls
Press Cafe- Good food, cool setting
Joe Ts- This place is a staple, but is more about the experience. Food is good, not great and the margaritas are a bit overrated, but still a fun place to visit. Get the Mexican dinner (comes with enchilladas, big cheese nachos, and rice and beas).
Tortaco and Torchys are the two best taco places (stay away from Velvet Taco... way overhyped).
Nona Tatta- BYOB, genuine italian food. Really cool spot.
Dutch's- Over by TCU... another great burger

There are difinitely others, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

If you're visiting Fort Worth, I hope this helps.

3  Thank TravelingHornedFrog
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We had the salmon and it was one of the best meals I have eaten. The homemade buns hot and delicious with butter (a splurge with the butter which I don't eat often) required seconds. The silverware on the white tablecloths added ambience. The waiter was pleasant served us well. I didn't mention the excellent salad with a different presentation, beautiful.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We had a great all around experience here! Delicious, perfectly-cooked steaks, great atmosphere, and excellent service. Right now they are offering the "Generous Pour", where you can enjoy any, some, or all of 7 different wines, all with ratings of 90 points or higher. It's a great way to pair different wines with different courses throughout the evening. And, as the name implies, pours are quite generous!

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This was our second time visiting and the food was as good as we remembered. The first visit was on our anniversary so they decorated the table, brought appetizer samples from the chef, dessert with a decorated plate, a rose and took/printed a picture for us. So great for special occasions.
This time we wanted to have room for dessert so we split a wedge salad, the balsamic ribeye, and cheesecake. They were great about splitting the food for us and we had plenty to eat. Our sides were the corn and scalloped potatoes, both delicious. Very good food just be ready to spend a lot of you plan on enjoying drinks as well.