“Love the calamari”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,716 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stopped in the bar since my husband wanted me to try the fried calamari. Now I am not a fan of calamari but it was wonderful. The bartender even gave us the calamari on the house as well as let us try the pineapple infused vodka. We will be going back for dinner during our next visit to Fort Worth.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary and I cannot say enough positive things about The Capital Grille. I booked online and mentioned we were celebrating our two-year anniversary. They had a table waiting with a sequined heart and a card. The wait staff was AMAZING. They were extremely attentive and helpful in dining and wine selection. The stuffed lobster was to die for as well as the lobster and crab cakes. They sent us home with a picture postcard and we were served a free dessert, champagne toast and a rose. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion or dining, in general. Many thanks over to the wait staff for making our anniversary dinner a memorable one!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We celebrated my wife's birthday at this lovely restaurant. When we arrived my wife was greeted by name and we were shown to our table. The table was complete with decorations and a lovely card. We had a chef taste of a coffee flavored rub on a filet mignon which tasted great with the Malbec. We had filets and a spinach. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding!!! Go often!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our night out for our trip to the final 4. The food was fantastic, the service impeccable. I had a scallop special, my friend the double lamb chops. Truly a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Not my first visit to a Capital Grille but the First Time at the Fort Worth location.( No flower on the table, or complimentary champagne toast as mentioned in other reviews, even though it was an Anniversary reservation.) Not essential for me.

With that out of the way:
We arrived 90 minutes early by choice (As we walked in it reminded me of the atmosphere of Charlies Steakhouse in Tampa Florida which I love ) and enjoyed a couple of Martinis each at the upscale bar. Alex our bartender was friendly and efficient. We were summoned to our table at our 6:45p.m reservation time. I asked to be relocated from a table in the middle of the dining room to a more private booth. Within minutes it was accomplished . We requested Brenda who greeted us at the first table, to be our server at the new table location. She was congenial, friendly, accommodating, and loved her job which was easily detected by her demeanor. A JOY as our server ! Would request her on the repeat visit .
Started with the mozzarella wrapped prosciutto. KILLER! Ordered a bottle of Cabernet and of the extensive wine list ,that one selction was not available. Another was suggested by the Sommelier . It was excellent for $100 .
We both had the Delmonico steak. One medium, one medium rare.( 22oz) OUTSTANDING ! Flavorful, delicious, melt in your mouth and cooked perfectly . Side of grilled Asparagus in lemon oil to share. Also wonderful !
Nicole ( Mgr.) came by to say hello and make sure everything was satisfactory.
To finish. For desert ordered the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake and asked for small cordial of Frangelico ( Italian Hazelnut Liqueur) to pour over it. Beautiful !
The entire evening ? $370.00 for 2 . That includes the $70 tip on the $230 dinner only check.

The staff here really seems to care about your dining experience .
I would Absolutely recommend The Capital Grille for any occasion .
Definitely will return soon !

1  Thank Ric C