“Great rooms, nice staff, close to TCU and cultural district”

SpringHill Suites Fort Worth University
Ranked #50 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently stayed here several days while my son attended "frog camp" at TCU. The rooms are spacious, with a separate sitting area. There is a small fitness center (2 treadmills and an elliptical). The staff was very nice and helpful. We'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, facing the parking lot, and we did not hear any highway noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My co-worked and I stayed for 3 nights to attend a conference at the Fort Worth Convention Center. It was about $100 less than hotels in walking distance to the center, but more convenient to excellent dining on Hulen. I recommend it if if you have a car since it was only about 7-10 minutes by the freeway. We did have to pay for parking everyday but there was $6 lot behind St. Patrick's Cathedral.

We did not receive a room with 2 beds as asked but I was able to sleep on the pullout quite comfortably. With the room divided into a sleep and office area, it was almost like having 2 rooms, so it worked out. There was not a lot of noise. The parking garage was convenient. Breakfast was more than decent with yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, eggs, and sausage or bacon available daily.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I wanted to review the incredible staff of the Springhill Suites Ft. Worth University. I am at the hotel with my son, a student at TCU who is recovering from an illness. The front desk staff have been incredible..We were at the hotel for a couple of nights, but needed to stay for more nights but the hotel was sold out. Believe it or not, the front desk called to say that there was a cancellation, and we could stay in our room. They definitely did not need to go the extra mile. Anything I need is absolutely no problem. The room is perfect with microwave and refrigerator and nice amenities etc.I even had to use the laundry room which was perfectly clean and in working order. I love the Omni and Worthington but to be closer to the University, I definitely recommend this hotel...you will not be disappointed. The location is also great for TCU ...Not sure when I am leaving but hopefully won't be here too many more nights, but if I am everyone has made us very comfortable. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. It was one of the only local places where we could get two queen beds at a reasonable price.
Despite the nearby freeways and construction, our room was quiet. Beds were great, and the staff could not do enough for us.
It was easy to drive to the Museums. Free parking and Wifi.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were in town visiting colleges and booked this hotel because it was close to TCU. I had requested a room on the top floor, away from the highway. When we checked in, the desk person told me they did not have anything on the top floor - but did have 3rd floor on the back side. And...it was fine. Heard a bit of road noise and quite a few train whistles...but no hotel noise. The rooms were clean and well appointed. However, they had a very strange shape. Just lots of odd angles which seemed to waste space - in my opinion. There was a separate sink, microwave and fridge in the small living room along with a pull out sofa bed. Then, the king bed was behind a sort of 3/4 wall for privacy. It worked fine for the three of us. The sink was in a separate area from the shower/toilet and that is handly if you have more than one adult trying to get ready in the morning.

Breakfast was your typical for this type of hotel. But, there were many options and the hotel person kept it filled at all times...even after a huge number of college golfers came through on their way to a tournament. The Texas shaped waffle maker is a hoot!

I would stay here again, if we were in town for a quick trip and not looking for luxury.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the traffic. Parking in lot or garage is free.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staff professional, friendly. Room perfect, comfy. Served breakfast starting ay 4:30 AM for Cow Town races, provided shuttle to the event. Very happy with quality of hotel and enjoyed the stay. Good parking in covered area of garage. Convenient location for dining and events.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
micah w, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Worth University, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear macsteve1,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! My staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you return to Fort Worth!

Best Regards,
Micah Willis, General Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2013

very clean and nice room. Front desk staff were great. Parking was easy.The breakfast was good and there was a several choices. There is construction near the hotel, and did make it difficult to get into the hotel at certain times.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family