“More than Expected”

Ranked #92 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Edmonds, Washington
“More than Expected”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Paid around 50 ish bucks for the room, and my expectations were exceeded. The room was huge/ clean/ comfy. short ish drive to the stock yards and the airport. The front desk lady wasn't super and the vending machines were out of order but really my expectations were far far exceeded for how much I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texarkana
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We needed a room at the last minute and paid $69 for the room. We got a $69 room. The exterior building side door didn't lock, the continental breakfast was paltry (with a broken pancake machine), the towels were thin, but the room was relatively clean and the water was hot. We did not have any problems with the front desk the two times I talked to her, but we also didn't ask for anything either. Again - we got what we paid for and what we expected for $69 in an area where some hotels command $150+.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had stayed at this motel for a week on my business trip. it s a nice motel, very well maintained. Have a flat screen 46" tv in the hall where i loved watching sports. Pool was the added benefit since summer was at the peak during my stay. Have good eating places at walkable distances. I would surely consider it for my next business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed June 8, 2013

All in all had a good stay.
Room was clean and I got a good night's sleep.
Odd place for a swimming pool and it was always empty when I drove past.
Never rose in time for breakfast but picked up my free paper on the way out.
Not far from stockyards.
Hotel is awkwardly placed behind a Wendy's.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

DON'T EVEN CONSIDER STAYING AT THIS HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HOTEL!!
I've work on the road for 15yrs, staying in various hotels all across the nation. This is the first review I've ever been compelled to write - for the sake of saving someone else from the most horrible experience out there. This is the most Incredibly Mismanaged hotel in the nation, HANDS DOWN! The franchise owner desperately needs anger management classes & his daughter needs hospitality training and is SO LAZY its Pathetic!

First Impression: Dirty room - cobwebs, mold, urine on the rim of toilet, drug needles & a crackpipe behind the nightstand!

I booked a reservation 2wks in advance and was assured there would be a refrigerator & microwave in my room, my only request. When I seen that I did not have them, I walked back to the lobby and asked very politely if I could get the items I had been assured I'd have before my arrival. That's when the owner flew off the handle & began yelling & snapping at me - bombarding me with questions regarding my reservation. He was so furious that I almost turned around and walked out but I kept my cool, hoping that he was simply having a bad day. He turned to his son and began berating him in Pakistani, ordering him to bring the items to my room. I soon found out that his behavior was not the result of "just a bad day" but the absolute norm for this guy. Every single time I encountered this angry little man about anything, even when I went to pay my bill every week he would snub me & continue with his tyrannical attitude for the entirety of my 3 1/2 month stay. I simply avoided going to the front desk unless I had to pay my bill, then I would wait until after 4pm when I knew that he had left for the day. I'd rather deal with his snobby, lazy daughter that him.

Truck Damage: Twice, I woke in the morning to my truck being hit by other "mystery" guests or visitors at some point in the middle of the night. No doubt they were probably drunk or on drugs, considering the guests that were here while I was.
This cost me $1,000.00 in deductible payments to my insurance company and resulted in about $3,600.00 in damages.
A co-worker of mine had his truck broken into and his GPS and lots of tools were stolen.

Plumbing problems: The toilets need plunging DAILY even without flushing toilet paper. When I brought this to their attention nicely, I was cussed at, and walked out of the lobby with him yelling "stop using so much toilet paper and this wouldn't happen". I didn't bother to tell him that I had been putting the toilet paper in the trashcan to prevent backup. Finally getting fed up with the attitude they gave me every time I asked to use their plunger, I purchased my own plunger for the room since it was something I needed daily, after every single flush.

Washer&Dryer: There is literally 3sq.ft. along the front of the washer & dryer. If you're very slim & weigh about 100lbs you could possibly fit in this poor excuse for a laundry area. Lots of my clothes were ruined from tar-like substance melted onto the sides of the dryer. I dared not mention this to the staff, only to be berated and told that it must of been on my own clothes and naturally, my own fault. The dryer is set to spin 45mins, which no matter how small your load, you must pay twice to dry your clothes. The last time I attempted to wash clothes here, the breaker tripped. I had just put a wet load into the dryer and had another load in the washer which filled up with water before the breaker blew. I went to the front desk and asked if the snooty, lazy daughter would PLEASE flip the breaker so that I could finish. She stubbornly refused, told me they'd have to call the appliance company, & suggested I locate a coin-op laundry. In her defense: it would have taken a full 3mins, 15steps & the painful task of unlocking a door for her to access the breaker.

Bottom Line: STEER CLEAR OF THIS HELLHOLE!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business