“Pretty Good Stay”

Ranked #76 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
San Francisco, CA
“Pretty Good Stay”
Reviewed January 6, 2007

Stayed at the Super 8 Fort Worth off Meacham for 1 night in January. It was really easy to find off of the freeway. The lobby was spacious and clean. Check in was quick and easy, no hassles. The rate was quite reasonable, which is always great!!! The young man gave me a nice room on the main floor per my request. My room was very large with a big window that opened to let in fresh air and light. The bathroom was big and very clean. All common areas in the hotel were spotless, including the lobby and exercise room. I enjoyed using the free Internet station and printer in the lobby, which is always a bonus!! Thre's tons of free parking. Breakfast was good with your standard continental items. The breakfast room wasn't busy and I could sit, relax, and watch the TV. The hotel is located in a safe neighborhood. There are several restaurants within walking distance, including McDonalds and Cracker Barrel. It was a short drive to downtown, the Stockyards, Japanese Gardens, etc.. I only had 3 complaints. First is that my room had an odd smell upon entry. It wasn't horrible but I couldn't place what the smell was--maybe the previous guest let some fruit sit too long??? It just wasn't that "just-cleaned" hotel room smell. But I opened the windows and the smell didn't bother me too much. It was just an odd smell. Another concern was that it was really hard to close my door and have it lock. In fact, one time I left and thought the door had shut. I went to my car and when I came back the door was slightly ajar. Anyone could have walked in if I was gone for a long time. So everytime I left I had to really pull on the door and make sure the lock clicked. I don't know if this was just my room or all rooms, just watch out for this!! Lastly, they are constructing a new building next door and the construction started quite early in the morning. I imagine this may continue for many, many months, so if you're looking to sleep in, just ask for a room away from the construction noise. Please email me if you have any questions, JenPerna@aol.com. Thanks for reading!!

• Liked — Clean and convenient.
  • Disliked — Door was difficult to close and lock.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a AAA discount and they'll give it to you.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JenPerna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 17, 2003

This is the best Super I have ever stayed at. The staff was just so friendly and courteous. The rooms were really clean and big. Could not have asked for a better hotel for the price that we payed for. Free Hi-Speed Internet in the lobby was really convienent for us and the breakfast was great.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member