“ Family visit”
Review of Burger's Lake

Burger's Lake
Ranked #33 of 166 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Owner description: Spring-fed lake with sandy beaches, lifeguards and picnic areas.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I went with my family. My 4 year old son enjoyed. It had clean beach sand which my son loved lot. He also loved play in water. They provide free life jacket for kids.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Recently there with our family. The kids ranged in age from 2-17. Everyone had a great time. The grounds were nice, and the restrooms were much better than anticipated. We brought our own food and there was ample space for grilling out. As we were there during the week it was not overly crowded. We definitely will be going back in the future.

1  Thank Paulette S
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This little hidden gem is a fun place to go to cool off. They have slides, diving boards, and a trapeze swing to enjoy the water. They even have a kids section that has some of the same features. It is a sandy bottom, spring fed lake that has shady spots as well a sandy beach. They have picnic tables and grills too. If you don't want to bring your own food they also have a snack bar. I went to Burger's Lake in the 70's with our church youth group and now my daughter and I enjoy going out here Overall this is a great, fun, family oriented place to spend the day.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here since the 60s. My dad came to Burgers Lake in the 50s. We LOVE it. It's extremely fun, clean & safe. We come back every year at least twice.

2  Thank Graciekat
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My parents used to bring us here back in the 60's. I brought my kids here in the late 80's. Now our kids are all grown and I expect we will take our grandkids here one day. We live several hours away from the facility however my wife and I were in Ft. Worth June 6-8, 2014. We were spending the long weekend celebrating my wife's birthday. Saturday we planned to spend part of the day here and were looking forward to it as we had not been here for many years. We were met with wonderful people at the entrance, one gentleman there was the still there since I came back in the 60's!!! I told the folks that I had great memories as a kid. That one time when we had brought our kids here my youngest ventured into water over her head and could not swim. I was in great shape (diver/avid water skier) yet struggled to rescue my daughter. The following Monday found out I had a serious virus in my heart. We laughingly referred to the time Burgers Lake saved my life.
It was so great reliving memories that have not changed. Sure there have been some changes through the years to the facility, but it seems that while they strive to stay current with safety measures, they still maintain the same great memory lane experience, right down to the people who run the pace.
Make sure to get there early (by 10:00 am) to get a good choice at sitting areas. The place starts to get pretty crowded by 1:00 pm...and VERY crowded after that. We had some latecomers try to crowd out the area my wife and I were sitting, thinking we would be uncomfortable and leave...we did. The only thing that has changed significantly through the years are the people themselves. Before, everyone had courtesy and respect for one another, yet theses days many folk are more concerned with themselves and can be very rude and disrespectful of those around them. Even the language they openly use can be quit vulgar, with no regard to who might hear. It is not only adults, buts teens, and even younger kids. It almost feels like someone spit some gum onto a Norman Rockwall painting.
But I digress, please do not let that keep you from enjoying this GREAT, CLEAN, FUN, and BEAUTIFUL place!!! Not only that, the concession prices are better than most convenience stores. You actually believe and feel as if the proprietors care more about a healthy family experience than bigger profits. The good far outweighs the unpleasant...and the unpleasant is brought in.
Thank you Burgers Lake for keeping memories alive and hopefully making many more for generations to come!!!

7  Thank Doug_Linda2014