“Sorry to strike this one off our list”

The Blu Crab Seafood House & Bar
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #140 of 2,082 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our food is always fresh and always from scratch. Unique New Orleans recipes. Friendly staff and warm atmosphere. Private parties, full bar and live music every Friday night.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I logged in to write this review and saw the two previous ones, "Doubt we will return" and "Maybe it was an off night". That confirmed my unfortunate conclusion that this place, one we have enjoyed and supported over the years since it first opened, has lost its way.

A Monday night, not overcrowded by diners at all (bar was busy) and we finally had to ask for water after a 10 minute wait; the wine we ordered was another 10-15 minute wait. No one seemed available to take our order as there was some sort of drama going on with an unhappy customer yelling about calling the police. ?? When our order finally appeared (this wasn't hard, it was two orders of spring rolls, both fish) they were shrimp, instead! Another 10-15 minute wait for the right order and when it came it looked sloppy and the peanut sauce was carelessly slopped on the plate. We had to ask again for the remoulade sauce and the bread never showed up.

Our server did the best he could with whatever staff shortage or kitchen madness was going on and comped all but $j10 of the meal. We are sorry to lose what used to be such a reliably good and pleasurable dining experience. I hope it can transition back to its better days.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (141)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service was good but food was very slow coming out. One of our orders didnt come out with all the other food and had to wait while others ate. Our baked potatoes were cold and had to be sent back to kitchen. My seabass looked more like tilapia cut thin. Doubt we will return after that experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Maybe it was an off night, maybe its because we came in right after the holidays. But even with our server being so nice I’m not sure we will go back. We were celebrating our anniversary and we didn’t even get to enjoy ourselves. The soda i ordered was mostly carbonated water, ordered an appetizer but it was so greasy, we got the seafood fondue. I ordered a boil and was informed they were out of blu crab. I could pay less or substitute for another option. When it came out it was warm and the meats were already getting cold. My husband ordered the crab cakes and dirty rice with truffle fries. He was pleased with his meal. We did order an alcoholic beverage at the same time as the appetizer and it was not put in and we didn’t receive it until mid meal. Then it took 20 minutes to finally get the check. After reading all the reviews i was excited to try out this place but i was greatly let down.

Reviewed July 17, 2019

I took my guy to Blue Crab for his birthday month celebration. We are locals and this place is a hidden gem. The food was simply amazing!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

Was in town for medical reasons and researched seafood places on TA before we got here. Liked the menu so we came here after checking in at the hotel.
Liza W was on the spot. Very attentive.
Got the Electric Blu Lemonade cocktail because it sounded good and refreshing after a 6.5 hour drive. It was. Very tasty.
Started with Shrimp Spring Roll (2). Pretty good, but my wife makes better ones. But these were very close to hers.
Seafood Trio was good. You get two sides. I asked for asparagus and cheese grits but got rice instead of grits. They corrected it right away. We love green chili cheese grits and although these had no green chili, they were very tasty. Pan seared scallops, grilled shrimp and baked lobster were beautiful.
Mixed Seafood Grill was shrimp, scallops and fish with mixed vegetables. Side was asparagus and cheese grits. Wife enjoyed it very much.
Really wanted to try the boil, but will try it next time. Oh, yes! There will be a next time. And I hope Liza is working then.

Date of visit: June 2019