“Perfectly located for our stay and staff very helpful”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek
Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Perfectly located for our stay and staff very helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay here as it was convenient to the Stockyards and whilst we had a hire car, we wanted to go there one night and have a drink so didn't want to stay to far away.

The room was clean, if a little old fashioned and it did smell a little bit of smoke but I know the hotel is no smoking now so a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet and drapes would no doubt sort this out.

There was a fridge, a microwave and a kitchen sink so you could prepare your own food - but take your own cutlery and crockery as there wasn't so much as a glass or spoon in the cupboards - a little pointless! The tv is old and decrepit but to be honest, we only had it on to get some sports news and weather updates so it didn't bother us. The air conditioning worked well but was fairly noisy so we couldn't leave it on over night.

The staff were very helpful whilst we were here calling a cab for us one night and immediately assisting when we rushed in one day to have showers and get back out but discovered the maid had only left hand towels. I went down to the desk and the lady there went and got me some straight away. When we returned later that night, we found some more had been left in our room too!

Breakfast is quite nice - you have a choice of make them yourself waffles, toast, cereal, fresh fruit and cakes and pastries. There is also coffee, orange juice and apple juice although I tried this one morning and it may as well have been water!

There is an awful lot of construction work going on meaning that the exit our SatNav was closed and we had to go long way round to get there. Once we worked it out though, we knew when the SatNav said 2 miles to our exit, we actually needed to get off at the very next exit so it was all fine after that.

My one small sort of complaint is at how thin the walls are - there was someone in the next room who's mobile alarm went off every morning at 7am, ringing and vibrating and we could hear it so clearly that the first time, my husband asked if it was my mobile!

There are a few eateries nearby and we tried the Texas Roadhouse one night and found it to be very reasonably priced and a bit like TGI's, fun and loud and good for families. We avoided the Redneck Heaven place when a waitress came outside to serve some drinks and she was wearing very few clothes! Not our cup of tea but each to their own!

Room Tip: Not sure that there is really a bad room although one side overlooks the car park of this hotel and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chickasha, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for one night through Hotwire. At first I thought the staff were going to be helpful when the reservation did not go through from hotwire. I ended up having to call hotwire myself 5 times.. They asked Microtel to call a help line to resolve any issues and Microtel refused. I clearly booked a room for 4 people and Microtel was going to charge me an additional $30 for my two kids because they said I had only paid for a single room. My understanding is that hotels have a contract for discounted rates through hotwire and according to what the staff told me they were not going to honor the rate THEY allowed to be posted online. The initial problem was because Hotwire did not send my reservation through but I chose to cancel my reservation with Microtel due to the way they handled the situation.

Stayed May 2013
Arpan P, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello Angie, thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. I understand the misunderstanding you had with our front desk staff. Your Hotwire room was for two people, and unfortunately our rate for four people is a little more. I do apologize on behalf of our front desk agent for not handling the situation to your standards, and please understand that our front desk agent cannot call Hotwire for a reservation dispute on a customers behalf. Nonetheless your experience has been forwarded to management. Please accept my apology for the misunderstanding and do not hesitate to contact us directly for any questions or concerns.
Travelers also viewed these Fort Worth hotels
BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek
Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek
Candlewood Suites - Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Super 8 Fort Worth North/Meacham Blvd

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek
Address: 3740 Tanacross Dr, Loop 820 N & N Beach Exit, Fort Worth, TX 76137-3410
Location: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Ranked #77 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ft. Worth North/At Fossil Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Fort Worth North