“Ok if you happen to be in Ft. Worth looking to try a local brewery”

Rahr & Sons Brewery
Ranked #4 of 24 Tours in Fort Worth
Eugene, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ok if you happen to be in Ft. Worth looking to try a local brewery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Pulling up, it was a warehouse type atmosphere, right in the middle of an industrial park area. I like adventures and I hoped for the best though, and forged on. I was hoping for a brewery/pub place where I could get a sandwich, fries etc., and a few glasses of beer, but it was not that. When I walked up to the entrance ( big open garage door) They said they had a catering table with tex mex as far as food went .I paid the $10 entrance fee for the " tour" although I have been on lots of brewery tours, and had no interest in that, but no matter, that was how you got in the door. The $10 you pay ( credit cards ok) gets you a souvenir pint glass and a bracelet with three pints and a 1/2 drawn on it that they mark off as you get your glass filled . The half was for the new release that was going to be released that very night at 6 pm ... a double IPA. Now, that sounded good. 3.5 pints for $10 seemed like a good deal too . The food was provided by a local catering company that had two types of enchiladas, rice, beans, an iceberg lettuce salad and chips and salsa for $8.Being vegetarian, I was glad to hear one of the options was a cheese and onion enchilada. It was served from a few aluminum pans covered in foil, and they served it on a paper plate and with plastic utensils . It was actually OK taste wise, a bit like an average night's home cooked meal. The caterers were nice, local people... After a long day of flying , and taking into account that I was starving, I just went with it. I put my plate down in the space I found on the long community picnic table and went to get my first beer to wash down dinner. The atmosphere was very noisy and loud , a bit chaotic. People randomly saying things you could not understand on the microphone and muffled announcements. something about a pallet company and girls woo- hooing. a birthday song being sung to the brewer? who knows it all kind of blended together into this hum beacause the big tall warehouse did absolutely nothing good for sound. You could barely have a conversation with the person next to you over the din. It was warm and muggy inside but not too hot, big fans overhead were nice. A back patio for smokers. Walking up to the taps, I asked the guy what they were known for ( looking for their signature brew?) He said " beer" trying to be funny I think . I am pretty serious about beer so not laughing, I said "no, like the beer that you are best known for." and he said "we sell a lot of black lager I suppose ." Way to sell it! It was a humid hot Texas evening and the beer was only slightly cool. This particular beer tasted only OK.You can' t like everything and if they sell a lot of it, I just guess my palate is not set on what texans like. It was a bit watery. I figured I just chose the wrong one. Next glass I went with the Storm cloud IPA.This was not a hoppy or " traditional " IPA, but I liked it anyway, a tasty beer . Going back up for my third pint at around 6:40 I said "where is that double IPA?" ( wanting to try it) the guy looked at me and said "good luck getting some, the taps around the corner."It was 100% tapped out. In 40 minutes. I didn't get to try it. Oh well. went back for a third and final IPA and they said I could have the 1/2 glass of something else. Sat and drank the third beer and watched the place start empty out, had a feeling it was winding down. If there was any type of last call you would have never been able to hear or understand it. Before you knew it, a guy came by and said goodnight and cut my bracelet off. 1-2-3. I think it might have been 8:30??? called the shuttle and away I went . It was an OK , very average brewery experience. nothing special. I would NOT show up hungry. Supposedly Saturday is better, but I can only imagine it is more crowded.

Visited October 2013

Nassau Bay
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun Wednesday post-work happy hour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Sampled 3 1/2 pints of their microbrews with some friends, while making a few new friends. Never did the formal tour but relished the brisket nachos we bought at the food truck on site. The price was right and the company fun. The earlier you arrive the better the chances of finding a parking spot for your car and your bottom!

Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A Rahring good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

What a value, three pint craft beers, a glass to keep and free music all for just $10. We have visited Rahr several times by ourselves and with as many as 14 other friends. Rahr has tastings every Wednesdaynand Saturday. We always visit on Saturday, they are open fromm1-3. It is a great time and we always meet someone new!

Visited August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beer was good, but it was crowded and hot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were visiting Fort Worth, and my daughter really wanted to go here. First, it's a little hard to find (for those of us who do not use GPS). Second, go early. We got there at 2 p.m., and it was packed. We were able to find parking close by, but I think we were lucky. Third, if heat gets to you, don't go in the summer. There is no A/C, and I saw only one fan. All that aside, I thought the beer was good, and my husband and daughter thought it was excellent (I guess I'm not the beer aficianodos they are). Unfortunately, we didn't go on the tour because there were SO MANY people. and it was impossible to hear the tour guide over the din, even though he had a mic. We will try it again in the fall.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BEER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Toured this Brewery as part of a fundraiser event for a injured Fort Worth Police Officer. They host good parties with excellent beer, food and music. Stop by and check them out!

Visited April 2013