“fantastic hotel”
Review of Hotel Texas

Hotel Texas
Ranked #93 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed October 28, 2010

i was there 10/22/2010 for tree days my wife and i we have the best time everything was close very nice hotel the people works there was fantastic and will be there on december 25th .... i will tell everybody about this hotel ...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 23, 2010

When we arrived my husband and I started laughing because we had read some reviews online and thought, oh it cant be that bad. Well it turns out we got the exact room someone was complaining about and posted pictures. the pictures matched exactly. Toilet paper holder was on the floor and the shower curtain was too, it had mold all over the end of it. The dry wall was peeling off. The curtains look like someone has peed on them. When we were carrying up our luggage I immediately felt unsafe. I didn't even want him to leave me in the room alone to get the rest of our stuff. I should have listened to my intuition because the next morning when we were packing our truck to leave our briefcase was stolen with our laptop inside. Many personal belonging were inside that briefcase not to mention all our personal info in the laptop. The lady in the front was so incredibly rude. She never got off the phone. She spoke very little english. Gave us the wrong number to the Fort Worth police. We needed up just calling 911. She was completely useless. I wish we would have never came to this hotel. Please take our advice and not stay here. I am serious because your life could depend on it. Oh and that reminds me, that night while trying to sleep we heard sirens. There were probably 6 or 7 cop cars at this bar across the street and an ambulance. Not sure what was going on but the whole area is unsafe. We had never been to the Fort Worth stockyards and was very excited about it. Well this hotel sucked the joy right out of our trip. This hotel needs to be shut down. There is no way it would pass inspection. ITS HORRIBLE. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cthibodeaux
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My very first experience in this place kind of set the tone: I walked in to check-in and waited AT LEAST ten minutes while the woman behind the desk carried on her personal phone call before attending to me, the paying customer. I can take rudeness, however, for the right price. This place is in a prime location and, like I said, is certainly the cheapest around. But buyer beware...

The rooms really reflect what you're paying for: my room was small, smelled somewhat musty, had inoperable plumbing (yes, the toilet did not work and the shower wasn't even worth using), and no internet. They purport to offer parking and WiFi but here is how that goes: you park where you can find a spot on the street (which if it's getting late at night then good luck) and the WiFi only works if you are directly over or near their office. The internet will not work in rooms towards the back of the structure so don't bother.

Lastly, there is a restaurant across the street that plays music quite loudly until around 330am every night. Frankly, that didn't bother me. It drowns out the other noises that one would otherwise hear. And, if you get a chance to eat there the food is great and the staff friendly and polite!! It's called Sabrosito.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank USMC076
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Avoid this hotel. Room number #10.

We arrived late about 9 PM. immediately went out for dinner at Cattlemens Steak House and on to Billy Bobs for some fun we returned at about 1 AM. because of poor lighting we did not discover the following until we woke up.

The comforter had many stains (yes the worst kind) and other nasty stuff which looked like major dandruff. SEE PIC

It is obvious this hotel does not clean at all. The shower had used soap on the floor and the shower curtain was growing some major mold. SEE PIC

Toilet paper roll was laying on the floor as the holder was broke away from the wall and plaster and drywall breaking off everywhere. SEE PIC

TV was 13 inchand useless with bad reception on all but a single channel. This place is a pigsty absolutely the grossest hotel I have ever had the misfortune to visit.

I do not doubt and would not be surprised if Fort Worth condemns this vile establishment. With all the smells, mold, human stains, sticky floor and carpet it is truly more of a science project than a hotel.

I have attached several pictures of our stay which took place on 5-25-10.

Hotel Texas is deplorable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WeLikeToTravelToo
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Was there in Fortworth for a RaceCar.....got chance to see stockyard which is 2 mins away from here....Experienced true Cowboys & Texas Country music, food & nightlife.
This hotel preserves texas ethnicity with interiors ...staff is also good
Overall a good place to stay & enjoy plenty of tourist spots surrounding within a mile....

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kunal R
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Great place just in walking distance from Billy Bob's and Rodeo, Bars and Restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank johnymatli
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Hotel Texas: 2/21/09 Hotel was near the stockyards and looked good on the internet. WRONG!!! VERY RUDE staff!!! The place was not clean, rooms not ready til 4:00 but had to be out by 11:00 so no place to keep our luggage, had cockroaches, furniture was broken and could have caused injury if had sat on it, one cabinet came tumbling on the person, toilet ran all night, no hot water, dirty bathrooms, washcloth left with hair wad in it, trash under the beds, rude staff, smelled bad, doors didn't shut properly so not safe, reception for TV's was awful so couldn't go to your room and just relax and was spanish, religious, or static. If we had not had so much fun at Billy Bobs and area entertainment, this hotel would have put us off for the whole weekend. The Stockyard businesses need to get rid of this "thorn" in their area!!!

1  Thank tardybartender