“Never Again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Lewisville, Texas
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2006

We decided that we wanted to be on the North Side for New Years Eve and did not want to drive home afterwards, so on the off chance there might be a room vacant I called The Texas Hotel on December 28th 2005. They said they had one vacancy and the room would be $104 for the night for two people. We arrived there on 12/31/06 and realized they only have 4 parking spots, so we had to park down the street and carry our bags up the street to the hotel.

Once inside, we had to endure the woman at the desk arguing with the people in front of us over what price they had to pay for the room they had reserved, when this was finally settled, we gave her our info, and she said the room would be $125 for the night, I told her she had quoted me $104 when I secured the reservation with my credit card and that was all we were going to pay, she finally agreed after digging around for ten minutes, gave us a key (it didn't work and she ended up giving us the master key to the room) we got to the room and there was a bottle of champagne on the table, which was nice but the room was not very clean (i.e. dusty surfaces, cobwebs & dirty bathroom) we survived the night (beds are comfy and we were sober) the next morning we went to get coffee and continental breakfast, what a joke, there were 4 bananas a few croissants that could have been used for building blocks and coffee that had apparently been made the day before. This hotel would be tolerable if the rooms were $49 -$59 a night. Next time I will stay with Tom Bodet. My opinion is NEVER AGAIN.

SK
Lewisville, TX>

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — having to park so far away
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't do it
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled with friends
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank suemesue55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

The room was clean but the service left a lot to be desired the breakfast on some mornings was none existant and on other days were the left overs from the previous mornings. The only really good thing is the location a short walk into the centre of Stockyards

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank montana56
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2006

Some friends and I came to Ft. Worth for a girls weekend away. We had been told that
Hotel Texas was a good bet and close to out planned activities for the night so we thought we would give it a shot. Fom the time we checked in it was just a mess..... The guy at the front desk was far from polite and acted as if we were a bother to him. We picked up our keys and headed to our room. First off.... the lock on our door was broken, meaning that four single women were going to be in this room with no way to lock the door, either to keep people out or to lock up our belongings while we were out. When entering the room we also noticed that there were no blinds or curtains on the bathroom window..... great for all those "PEEPING TOMS" out there !!! The bathroom was tiny and the shower had this pipe sticking out of the ceiling that ran cold water on the one showering. A good cold shower is always nice.....NOT !!! No closet at all.... I guess they think that when traveling you must have NO USE for a place to hang your clothes. During the very short time we were there (about 30 min.) one of us took a shower..... only one of us because when she got out of the shower and was trying to blow dry her hair the breaker blew and we had NO ELECTRICITY!!!We went to the front dest to report the problem and we were told that he could have it fixed the FOLLOWING DAY. We informed him that we had plans for the evening and that we kind of needed it fixed before the next day..... did he care??? NO WAY!!! He did however say that he could put us in a different room but that if we were going to be using the blow dryers that the same thing would happen in the next room too. Again, I guess when traveling you have no need for electricity either !!! We asked for a refund so we could leave and just find another hotel. Mind you, we had been there for no more than 30-45 min. at this point. The guy at the front desk told us that he could not refund the whole amount because of the ONE shower that was taken. He charged us $75 for that one shower!! Maybe this is how they make their money, who knows. This place was horrible from the get-go. I WOULD NOT recommend this place to anyone.......
L, N, T, & J
Waco, Tx.

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2006

Unfortunately, the only positive thing about Hotel Texas was it's convenient location. When I called the hotel directly to make a reservation, a woman (who it turns out was the manager) was very abrupt and told me to call back in an hour. I was shocked that I, the customer willing to spend money, had to call back. When I did call back, a young man answered while this same woman barked orders at him the entire time he took my reservation. He apparently was in training. Room size was extremely small and not the cleanest. No closet or place to hang clothes (no hangers) except three hooks on wall next to bed. The morning of checkout, our toilet got backed up. When leaving to checkout, I was going to inform someone, but came to an empty counter. A woman (who as it turns out again, was the manager) was cleaning a room just outside lobby shouted at us twice in barely, intelligable English to leave the key on the counter. She didn't even bother to come around the corner, just merely yelled. We came out of the lobby to tell her about the toilet and she just yelled again that she'd take care of it.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank MimiPalomo
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2006

we reserved a room a week before our stay. We were on the way to the hotel they called me on my cell and told me a pipe busted in my room #15 and bumped me out of the hotel. I told them thats ok because i'm staying in room #12. He then said it also busted in room #12. I went to the hotel to get some answers. He was not there when i entered the lobby. I told the indian lady i was here for room #12, she said there was someone in that room. There was no busted pipe. They overbook this hotel and if everyone confirms they will give your room away. Very greedy.

• Stayed March 2006
9 Thank BartD1972
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2005

If your going to Cowtown and want to be in the thick of things this is the place to stay. It is worth the money after a night in the historical district, If you don't mind a little late night noise. I would stay there again It's the Stockyards not Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2004
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brighton England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2005

We chose this hotel because we wanted to stay in the Stockyards, Miss Molly's was fully booked and the Stockyards Hotel was too expensive for us. Our room was OK, a bit on the small side but clean enough. A young guy on the desk when we arrived was smiley, cheerful and helpful. We were there on a Saturday night and got very little sleep as it was incredibly noisy with returning guests running, shouting, and laughing up and down the corridor throughout the night. The next day the lady on the desk was the antithesis of the young guy the day before. She went out of her way to be as unhelpful and as unfriendly as she could. It wasn't a pleasant experience staying here and we could only have borne it the one night. For a budget stay in Cowtown it's probably about the only option but be prepared.

Stayed November 2004