“Convenient”

Ranked #92 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is excellent for convenience. Do not stay here if you are looking for lavish amenities. The hotel is within walking distance of everything in the the stockyards. If you are just looking for a convenient place to crash in between activities, then this will be right up your ally.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Granbury, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I read the reviews but thought I'd drive the 52 miles one way to check it out in person. So not worth the drive! Walked in at 12.30, a lady is behind desk with her bare feet on desk talking on her cell phone in her native language. She puts her feet down, crosses one over her knee and starts rubbing/playing with her toes - still on the phone and still hasn't even acknowledged I am standing there! I stood there for 5 mins! Finally I walked out and only when I got to the bottom of the stairs did she come out and say "hello". No way are you getting my business if you can't put your feet down, don't touch your nasty feet before you conduct business, hang up your personal call, and acknowledge I am standing in front of you! Awful and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! So sad the historic Stockyards have a place like this representing it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa O
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location is really the best point of this motel and the price is ok. I recommend no more than a night if you have a tight budget. The decoration of the room was nice, but bathroom is extremely small and the room was not clean enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Haslet, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The location is great. But that is it. Don’t plan on sleeping, not getting harassed but drunk people at 1:30am, or having competent owners. We couldn’t make it through the night and then were yelled at when we asked for a partial refund, I was told I should have looked at the reviews. My response was you wanted me to look and see this place was garbage before I came? And I couldn’t understand anything after that in a broken Indian accent. Also if you hate the smell of curry like most people that’s what the entrance reeks of. Showers leak and the rooms are completely out of date. Sheets were like sandpaper. $50 would have been a more reasonable price for this dump. Spend a few more bucks and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
girdwood
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Right up till the last minute I was going to give them average, but I just can't do it. The location was walking distance to where I wanted to be and it was cheap. Unfortunately I didn't check tripadvisor first. The room could have been nicer, but that doesn't really bother me. The blinds were disgustingly dirty but I had no intention of touching them. The credit card machine was " broken", but I had cash, so whatever. But then the cleaning girl walked in without knocking around 9:30am. We told her to come back and she did, around 10:15. We told her to come back again and she did, around 11:15. This time she said we had to leave. I pointed out the sign at the desk that said check out was noon and she said we had to leave. I went down and physically pointed out the sign and she obviously still did not understand what I was talking about. Then the "the credit card machine is broken" lady came out of her place and said, "sorry, it's Friday, sorry." I guess on Friday you have to leave early. That wasn't on the sign.

• Stayed April 2014
Lufkin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Perfect location. The room I was in had all cedar furniture which fit perfectly. I was there to meet old friends and do a little bar hopping. It's right in the middle of it all. Parking in rear. The staff does act like you just ruined their day when u check in. Could be updated. It has a bed and breakfast kinda feel to it makes you admire it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Little M
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I though I would give the hotel a try as it was cheap and in a good location.. Wish I had paid more and gone to a different hotel. On arrival strong odour in the hotel, given a key to room 7 on entering very dark with a large bed (not much room to move about). The bed linen needed a good wash and the curtains were already drawn, I tried to draw them back but the dirt behind them was disgusting. There were double doors to the bathroom (one of the doors was broken and hanging off the bracket so unable to close doors. Shower was over a bath (The bath was a jacuzzi so hard to step into to have a shower). In the morning we went to reception as there was a coffee percolator and I poured 2 cups.. I took a sip and it was cold made me feel sick! Do not stop here pay a bit more.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple