“HOT AND GROSS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 107 Hotels in Fort Worth
Carthage, TX
“HOT AND GROSS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked this hotel knowing we weren't going to be in the room much and didn't need an expensive hotel for our stay. We all had several rooms reserved. Luckily, our particular room was cool via a NASTY window unit. The group we went with, their rooms were literally scorching hot!!!!! Sheets were nasty and musty smelling. Lady at the front desk was extremely rude. Parking is shady and you must pay $5 and after 11 am, they rope your car in where you can't get out.. Needless to say, we won't be returning! And on a Saturday night, be ready to hear the club next door and endless drunk people on the streets!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My fiance and I had a perfectly fine experience at the Hotel Texas. We were in town from Dallas to check out the stockyards, eat at Joe T. Garcia's, and see Willie Nelson at Billy Bob's. Check-in was quick and hospitable. Seeing as this hotel is an older one, the retro, older furniture inside was appropriate and functional. Room and bathroom were clean and fresh. The location was great and allowed us to walk to all the above-mentioned venues. We parked on a side street, which made us a bit dubious, but worked out fine. We plan to stay there again this month!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D D
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place is very near to the stockyards and also has better pricing . Hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming . The rooms were well maintained and the breakfast served in morning is nice too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lonoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The photos on the website look nothing like what is there! The beds had torn bed spreads that were disgusting. I found NOT one BUT two roaches in my bed! There was a crack spoon left in the top drawer of the broken dresser (which by the way was filthy) There was NO air conditioning the room temperature never got below 80 degrees. There is NO ONE at the front desk 24 hours we tried to complain but no one was at the front desk. We booked what was said to be a double room with double beds. The room was small and the beds were full size beds. Outside the hotel the music from surrounding bars was so loud we could not sleep. There were thugs hanging out in the little parking area next to the hotel. The hotel has not parking so you have to park in an alley way and pay $5.00 to park there. There were no actual parking spots so you risked your vehicle being damaged by the cars coming in and out. They were parked very close together. We were made to pay a deposit to get the key to our room which we just paid $100 for. We were not returned our deposit once the key was turned in. I tried to check out the next morning and there AGAIN was no one at the desk. Although the lobby was ice cold the air did work there. I guess we should have brought our pillows and slept in the lobby!! I was standing at the desk and then actually had to call the hotel to get someone to come to the front desk. A lady came out in her pajamas and was rude as hell because I actually NEEDED a receipt. I complained to her about the hotel rooms and what all we had experienced. She told me okay and that I was being charged $100 to my credit card. I did express my feelings toward her hotel and told her I'd never be back!! BE CAUTIOUS! This hotel looked inviting but it was a nightmare!!!!!

Room Tip: crack pipe found in dresser drawers in room 6 air conditioning does not work in room 6 bed bugs fo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have really low standards when it comes to hotels but this place sickened even me. The lady owner at the front desk was very rude and insisted we paid cash upon checking in. It soon became obvious why, the place was crawling with bed bugs. I suspect the owner is raising a bed bug army which she will shortly unleash across Texas and possibly then the world. Come to think of it the owner looks like a giant bed bug. Never stay here. On a side note one of her curries being cooked smelled ok.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Benh1234
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

if you want beg bugs this is the place to go. do not stay here. the cheap price and ok location does not even come close to how bad the staff are, and horrible dark unclean rooms which make a perfect place for a feeding frenzy for bed bugs!! I even got attacked on my face!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank angellaaa
Durant, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We had booked this hotel 3 weeks in advance because it was close to Billy Bob's and wouldn't have to worry about driving/parking/cab fare. The day of our trip to Fort Worth came and the front desk lady from this hotel called my phone. She asked when we were going to be there and I told her the time. We ended up being later than expected and she called me 3 more times asking when we were going to be there. She sasid my card was declined and I need to provide another card information, over the phone. I said no, and that the card should go through. There was no reason for the card to decline, and the nice Holiday Inn Express GLADLY accepted my card and my service.

The place was DISGUSTING just from the look, it STUNK, and the lady at the front desk was awful. She was rude, dirty, stinky, and she wouldn't let me get a word in to talk. She yelled and me and my friends.

To sum it up, worst hotel EVER.
I advise ANYONE to NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Holiday Inn express on loop 820, go there.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends