“Simple Greatness”

Sweet Sammie's
Ranked #4 of 29 Dessert in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I saw Sweet Sammie's featured on the tv show DFW Foodies and put it in my file to try later. When I had a job interview in downtown Fort Worth I decided I would make a pit stop at Sweet Sammie's. The premise of Sweet Sammie's is they have 40 kinds of cookies made from the owner's mother's recipes. You select your cookie, you select your Blue Bell ice cream, and they make you a custom ice cream sandwich for under $3. YUM!!!

The cookies are amazing and I usually buy a half dozen to take home with me. Since my first visit I have been there three times and will continue to visit whenever I am in Fort Worth. The owners clearly root for TCU sports and the walls are adorned in sports schedules and purple horned frogs. They also have several tables outside if you wish to sit and visit with people as you eat ice cream and wonderful cookies.

If you're i downtown and need a quick pick me up, definitely stop here!