There are places and people that can make a roadtrip memorable. It might be hole-in-the-wall restaurant with the best burger you ever ate for $2.75, it might be seeing a child in the bus station enjoying life's simple pleasures or it just might be that handshake on the side of the road from a stranger who points you in the right direction, it's funny how life can be at times. For this review, it is the front desk attendant who gave us a great rate, ensured a pleasant stay and was just an all-around good guy.
Mr. Willis was very cordial with my wife, offered a great rate and allowed us to peek at a room before we checked in. Yes, we are "THOSE GUYS" that ask the front desk for a key so we can check out a room before handing over our credit card information. Mr. Willis is very polite, kind and patient and a genuine embodiment of southern hospitality. (Is Fort Worth considered southern?)
As for the rooms, well let's continue. The room was spacious, smelled nice, looked clean and comfortable. They have those micro-fridge combos, which came in handy for our toddler's milk and food. The bathroom was set-up a differently then what I'm used to, but it was okay. The shower flow was adequate and they gave us more towels upon request.
The beds were comfortable and they offered enough pillows to keep my head cool for the night. The TV and furnishings were fairly new and we had enough channels to keep us entertained. I will say this though: some channels had some static issues, I don't know what causes this but I thought I'd mention this because it seems like the management reads these reviews and they might have a solution. It's definitely not a deal breaker. The A/C unit wasn't new, but it worked well and kept the room cool through the night without being too noisy.
They offered a nice breakfast in the morning and we had waffles both times. We also had the opportunity to jump in the pool. The hot tub is not available and has been sealed up quite nicely except for some rocks that ended up in the area and make it less pleasurable for a child to sit in. I would recommend that they clean it up for this reason. But we had a good time in the pool and the hotel provided separate towels for this.
The location is on the western edges of town and if you are not familiar with Fort Worth or are from small towns where everything is 5 or 10 minutes away, then it's not a centralized location. You do have easy access to 820, I30 and I20 and there are a couple of restaurants, gas stations (QT is right behind the Best Western!) and Wal-mart or Aldi near-by. Other than that, downtown, the zoo or the Stockyards is 15-20 minutes away, or more depending on the traffic. And right now, there is SO MUCH CONSTRUCTION! YIKES!
Anyway, Mr. Willis at the Best Western Inn is the man to see and this is a great hotel. If you are looking for an indoor pool or white bath robes, then this is not it. But if you are swinging into the city to take in some sites for a couple of days and you are looking for a clean, happy hotel, then drive on up to the Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites. It's not in the top 10 for nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites! Discover this great hotel in Fort Worth, Texas offering free breakfast and high speed Internet! The BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites (Situated just minutes from all major freeways, downtown Forth Worth) is the ideal lodging when looking for comfort and value. We are just 3 miles from the NAS Joint Reserve Base and Lockheed Martin. We are only 7 miles from the entertainment district, Richie Brothers Auction House and Stockyards Station. The hotel is 100% non-smoking, No Pets allowed and features spacious rooms furnished with refrigerator, microwave, high-speed Internet access and cable satellite television. The BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites also offers deluxe business rooms with an oversized desk area and other amenities catered to corporate travelers. A delicious complimentary continental breakfast includes fresh hot waffles, biscuits, sausage gravy, fruits, cereals, milk, juices, muffins, danishes, cinnamon rolls, etc..is offered daily. Additional amenities include a business center, seasonal outdoor swimming pool, convenient fitness center, guest laundry, meeting facilities and many business services. Get the most out of travel, select one of the best options for hotels in Fort Worth, the BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Fort Worth Hotel Fort Worth
- Best Western Fort Worth Inn And Suites
- Fort Worth Best Western