“Great food”

Good for: Families with children
Ft. Worth
“Great food”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Don't let the outside and surrounding area throw you, this is another "it's whats on the inside that counts" kinda place.

I have never had a bad experience with the staff, and yes it can get a little warm inside especially during the summer but I am not going to let that get in my way.

I haven't tried everything on the menu, but what I have has been great! Now I'm not German and I'm not a chef by the way, unlike a certain reviewer that rated this place as terrible, but I do appreciate good food at a good value! I love the Jaeger and the Vienna, the sausage is OK , the pan fried steak is great, and believe it or not the CFS is outstanding.

I ask friends and co-workers if they would like to go, I always get the response "I'm not sure I like German food, never tried it" I tell them if you like mashed potatoes, fried pork chops, hash browns (the potato pancakes) and sausage then YES you like German food! If they refuse the usual German style entree's, I just tell them to get the ribeye or chicken fried steak.

I hear the strudel is out of this world but I am always too full to try it!

• Visited October 2013

Fort Worth
“Oktoberfest - Wllkommen - Support the Home Team”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife's Grandfather was born In Germany, thus she is 25% German, so we needed a local German restaurant to celebrate her heritage. From the outside this place looks like a dive - from the inside it is quaint and cozy. Wllkommen by a friendly wait staff we guided to order the Hoffbrau Denkel beer which was an excellent dark German Beer. We split the combination plate with bratwurst, turkey schnitzel and port jaeger + sides of German fried potatoes, spaetzle, red cabbage & sauerkraut. Loaded with carbs - no wonder the Germans were hefty. Then we had the Apple Strudel with whip cream and Ice cream. This was enough strudel to feed a family of 4.
Waitress entertain us with tales of travels to Germany and the juke box was full of polkas and Wayne Newton's Danke Schoen. When your in the mood for carbs & German - support the home team & put Little Germany of Fort Worth at the top of the list.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time there, open for anything...”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

1. First place the place, unless you're use to small town and great 'dives' this place is not for you. If you want a fine dining atmosphere with unparalleled attention pass this place up, as what you go here for is the food. And it's GREAT

2. The 2 wait staff were busy, there were two, with who may have been the owners wife coming out of the kitchen to help, and they were keeping up table by table, and David made our meal with suggestions, as we had the special and didn't want the fried German potatoes, we wanted the warm German potato salad, and we were not disappointed. I had never had food like this, didn't know I even liked German food, but I do now! Simply put, they make very good German Country Kitchen Food.

3. Each bite was delicious, the sausage potato soup, the bread with yummy garlic butter, the deliciousness of the flavors with unique herbs was a delight. Tasty, not heavy, and portions were very liberal. While the potato pancakes were good, they were flat crisps, and we discovered the garlic butter on them was tastier than the applesauce and sour cream. Which I thought we would use as desert...ohhhhh no!

4. The apple strudel....I thought we were eating with the angels it was so sweet and delicious.

We will go back. Me, an ole Texas gal, when I saw the swamp cooler walking in I knew I was in for an experience, and we were, it came out of the kitchen. The place was clean and unique...and before we left, the place was filling up, we got there early Sunday. Hubby and I can't wait to return, and it has risen to the top of the list for my out of town guests to experience also.

Also, value for the money was good. I was told they have $7.00 lunch specials during the week, that would be worth the money!

• Visited September 2013
Hurst, Texas
“Mediocre”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Little Germany in August 2013. From the other reviews, we knew it would be a dive, and it certainly was. We were put in a corner, and it was uncomfortably warm. There was a little fan blowing nearby, but the air was blocked by a table closer to it.

Our service was very slow and inattentive. The waiter even apologized to us when we left. At times, he would disappear for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. We would have to flag him down when we did see him. He mostly stayed in the kitchen or waiting tables in the larger part of the dining room.

Three couples got the combination plate at the recommendation of the waiter. The Vienna schnitzel was good, the sausage were okay, nothing special, and the pork schnitzel was bland, and the gravy on top had the quality of jarred gravy. It wasn't bad, just nothing special. My husband and I didn't get the spaetzel with our order. The waiter quickly brought us some. It was very bland. We later realized we didn't get mustard for our sausage, and that too had to be requested. The other sides were passable and undistinguished.

We had been looking forward to the strudel, but all decided to pass due to the heat and slow service. We just wanted to get out as quickly as possible and headed elsewhere for dessert.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kerrinhp
“Not what I expected..”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Passed by a few times and finally decided to try it.. I wish Id hadn't gone in there! Very run down I'm not sure if that's the "look" they were going for. Very hot in there, sweating while eating is not pleasant. Plain out and simple out food looked and taste like a bad TV dinner. The best thing about this restaurant had to be the ice cold sprite the server gave me , who by the way was very nice! But that's about it, won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Little Germany? Share your experiences!