“Won't be back”

Cross street: Camp Bowie Blvd
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be back”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Went there on a Friday night with my wife and another couple. The food was very overpriced for what you get and it was not worth it at all. The service was terrible and for being a Friday night, the place was pretty empty. Our waiter said new owners have taken over recently and it seems they don't have this figured out. We won't be coming back!

Visited May 2013

“"Simply outstanding"”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm always looking for a great steak house and have lived near this one for years. But it's tucked off the beaten path on the west side off Camp Bowie Blvd., and each time I'd pass it, I'd think about trying it. Then I did. The tenderloin was excellent, cooked to perfection. The lobster tail made my mouth water. But I never thought I'd feel an addiction coming on until I tasted the scalloped potatoes. I tried to figure out the secret ingredient (shhhh!) and I think I did, but I don't even want to try to duplicate that dinner at home, I want to go back. You will, too. Give Ray's a try, especially if it's a special occasion. The ambiance is low-light, and they had live music the night we were there. Definitely a romantic spot if you want to impress your spouse or your date.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Larger, but slipping. Annoyingly inconsistent.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We've been to Ray's several times over the last couple of years, and I must confess we never know what to expect. Now, I doubt we'll be back.

We've had the entire gamut at Ray's. Great food and great service. Great food, with incredibly slow and/or poor service. Good food, with good service. Now, we've had OK food with fine service.

On Friday evening, we took an out-of-town guest there, and this time we received very fine service, but very average steaks.

I hate to say it, because I like their more comfortable expansion, but there are better options.

• Visited October 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Food, service, atmosphere - it's all here”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

After a few visits to Ray's, last night's dinner exceeded anything we had previously experienced. This is a comfortable place, nice live music in the bar area that gently filters into the dining areas, unobtrusive service with a smile, great food. Two at our table shared Chateaubriand which was excellent; a dish called "Chicken and Lobster" was a nicely cooked, thin, chicken breast and a 1/2 lobster tail in a great cream - request to substitute linguine for the mashed potatoes was done without any problem and made the dish even better; other diner enjoyed excellent lamb chops. Price point here is good for the quality of the food and service.

• Visited September 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were there for the annual Restaurant Week event, and the portions were more than generous! Wait staff very friendly and went out of her way to make sure my husband could have the scallops. He thoroughly enjoyed them with the corn risotto. I had the filet mignon, and it did melt in my mouth, even though I had it medium well! Small, but diverse vegetables on my plate and wonderful arugula salad to start. Then we had tirmasu and creme brulee for desert, the tirmasu was the winner...I felt somewhat rushed through my meal, but not overly so. Ambience, quiet and we didn't have a problem with noises.

• Visited August 2012