“Food Great! Service ?”

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Worth, Texas
“Food Great! Service ?”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

To be perfectly clear this visit was New Year's Eve, and we are not PF Chang regulars. We have eaten at this location in the past and at other locations, with similar experiences. The food is always excellent. The service can be questionable. One this particular evening, we had early reservations to allow for other activities later. The restaurant was not crowded when we arrived, but began to fill up during the evening.

The first issue was the confusion we caused by failing to all show up at once. One couple was seated and the server was taking their drink order when we showed up. The situation seemed to confuse the server. The result was the server seemed frustrated by the delay due to my wife and me taking our seats before ordering our drinks. The server was pleasant, but seemed a little impatient. The servertook our drink orders and left. The serverreturned a short time later with three drinks, but not the fourth. The serverleft the drinks and returned a short time later to see if we were ready to order dinner. We asked about the fourth drink and the server realized at that point one of our party was still without a drink. The server returned with a drink looked as if had been poured for quite awhile, melted ice and watery looking. In the interest of time the party member took it and we ordered.

Placing our orders was a chore of sorts. Either we were having trouble communicating or the server was having trouble hearing. There was an inordinate amount of back and forth before we were certain the order had been understood. In the server's defense, each couple ordered a fixed price meal for couples with several options. Still, when the server left the table, a member or our party was certain the order would be incorrect. It turned out he was incorrect, but I had my doubts until the order turned up. There was a bit of confusion on the server's part because soup and appetizers came out almost simultaneously, causing a bit of a space problem on the 4-top at which we were seated.

The food was excellent. Each of our party had a different entree, and everyone was happy with their choice and the quality of the food. Then the deserts came out, and it turned out my friend was correct. The desert orders were wrong. However, the server was obviously becoming frustrated with the evening, and we accepted the deserts as delivered. While not exactly what we ordered, they were great.

Again, this was New Year's Eve. The restaurant had obviously added tables and staff for the evening. Movement was difficult and chair-back bumping was unavoidable. That is why I rated the restaurant Very Good, I am giving them some leeway for the evening in question. With that said, the server did not seem up to the task at hand, and the bar may have been overwhelmed as well, given the problems with the first order of drinks and reorders which were not as timely as one would like.

If we return to this location, it will not be on a busy night.

• Visited December 2013

Abilene, Texas, USA
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant has great food and service. I asked the server for a recommendation and her choice was very good. We went during a slower time of the day and everything was still great. Usually that's when the service tends to suffer.

Visited November 2013
“Nice location and Interior”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Ft Worth downtown is really a great place. We found the restaurant after taking a ride on the free Molly Trolley. Easy walking distance to the hotels and surrounding business district. Good food and great service. Awesome Sea Bass, it was not my dish but I tried some an should have got that.

Cleburne, Texas
“Don't Miss This Surprising Seasonal Selection”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Who'd a thunk I'd be eating a fantastic red quinoa entree along side egg drop soup? So glad I selected this tasty meat alternative. Love the veggies and buttery, nutty texture of this dish. This is on the fall menu so hurry to sample! Please, sir, can I have some more??

“Manager has a big heart!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter chose P.F. Chang's in gorgeous downtown Fort Worth to celebrate her 16-year old friend's one year anniversary being cancer-free. After an awesome dinner and great service from Angela, the manager Scott insisted on comp'ing the entire meal in honor of the occasion. This gesture reminds me why our community loves P.F. Chang's!

• Visited October 2013