“Very good lunch stop”

Central Market Cafe
Ranked #128 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I were recently in Ft Worth around lunch time and were headed by the Central Market for some shopping, so we decided to eat lunch before we bought our groceries. There was an extraordinary amount of choices for lunch, and the food was excellent. The only possible negative, was that it was very crowded; however, the lines went fairly quickly.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is one of my favorite spots to go during the summer time when they have the concert series. You can get virtually any kind of food inside freshly prepared and then pick from their beer selections at about $2.50 / bottle. They have lots of outdoor seating and if you have kids there is even a place for the kids to play. I really enjoy coming here and usually have a blast. But once it gets above 100 degrees, it is difficult simply because of the heat. But hey....it's Texas!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Boiled or grilled shrimp, sure. Fresh made to order sandwiches, yummy. Best BBQ n macncheese in town, sure. Tons of seasonal items and local faves in prepared foods area, amazing breads n cheeses. Truly something for everyone! We eat here about once/week and love it!

1  Thank BeachbumAggie
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is currently Mecca for Fort Worth high end groceries. But the best part is dining next to the children's playground. Get a nice bottle of wine at a low price. Get the kids mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, fries, and get yourself sushi or pate or grilled salmon. The check out lady will open your wine. Go outside and let your kids knock themselves out while you have some knock your socks off semi-alone time. So much better than wishing the kids would behave in a nice restaurant.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love shopping at Central Market; it's walking distance for me. I love the variety of fresh produce, organic and regular. They are often cheapest for some produce (fresh corn and lemons come to mind) and it is all beautiful. Ask about a new-to-you apple or melon, and the produce guy will probably cut you a slice. The fish and meat section is like a work of art, very
expensive, but you'll wait in line to buy it. The bakery is amazing, as is the cheese department. My favorite section is the floral department. They have the most talented flower arrangers I've ever seen. The employees are always friendly and helpful. They definitely go out of their way to give service that keeps up with their prices The deli section with food-to-go is huge and unbelievable. The dips (DO try Love Dip!), olives, etc., are always fresh. I have been mostly disappointed in the dinners-for-two-to-go. Perhaps I just have a simple palate. The choices are so vast as to be overwhelming, and much is stuff I've never eaten. The Cuban sandwich is very good, as is the brisket. The chicken salad with dried apricots is also good. Central Market earns 5 stars, but I am giving the café section just 3 because I haven't had anything except the 3 above that I would order again. My 3 yr old grandson loves the playground, and it's too bad I can't leave him playing while I shop in the crowded store. I avoid weekends and the after-work rush for the market, and lunch/dinner times you can't get near the glass counters to order. Don't get me wrong, the market is beautiful, they carry unique and interesting items, but they are also quite pricey. The food court part is what I'm rating a 3. I seldom eat there or even get take out. It's not bad, but I haven't found it great, either, and at their prices, it ought to be at least great.