“Wonderful place to get pampered and rekindle romance.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lockheart Gables Romantic Bed & Breakfast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Lockheart Gables Romantic Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful place to get pampered and rekindle romance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2004

We stayed at the Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast February 6-8th, 2004.
Not only did we get a discount to stay there an earlier weekend than we had asked for, but they accomodated us in every way. Marilyn and David are wonderful hosts and really make you feel welcomed and at home. I especially loved the heart shaped jacuzzi tub in our room. Talk about relaxing after a long day. This is the place to stay in Fort Worth. Not only are the hosts friendly, but he entire town is just as friendly.
Great Southern Hospitatlity as it's finest!

Jodie & Jeremy Rose

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2003

We stayed 2 nights in the Summer of 2003. This was an exceptional choice, and I looked around alot. Think of the cost difference between a hotel, motel or some other B&B and someplace like this that is elegant, private, and personalized. My reasoning was: "Its not that much more for EXACTLY what you want!" If you are going to treat someone you love to a romantic getaway, try the Beloved Cottage. We snacked on some homemade "welcome" cookies with our names and hearts on them, very tasty. Then my wife and I stayed there the first night and had a fabulous time without even going anywhere! The music, candles, oversized jacuzzi (it really does accomodate 2 people!!) and fountain made it ideal. The host and hostess are friendly but not pesky, if you know what I mean. The second night we moved to the 2nd-story, main-house room called "Love Nest" and really enjoyed the view of the trees and birds. It was kind of like Swiss Family Robinson. I know, thats corny, but with 13 windows arranged on the entire outside, semi-circle-shaped wall, all with trees right outside... and with a beautiful indoor tree decorated with hearts and the names of all the couples who stayed there previously... well another romantic room.
Those are the only 2 rooms I have ever stayed in, but I really think I picked the best 2. Lets put it this way: its Nov 2003, and I am reading reviews, looking for a B&B in California. But I remembered my stay at Fort Worth's Lockheart Gables so well, and so fondly, that I am writing this review for the stay that I had in May of this year, 6 months ago!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2003

Just surprised my husband for his birthday with a stay in the LOVE NEST room - and what a room! Gorgeous accommodations with a heart shaped tub, candy kissed everywhere, and a tree with heart shaped crystals where the guests sign there names - our canopy was the heart tree - very romantic. We had about 13 windows (one full wall) to look at the birds and squirrels and just totally relax. David and Marilyn (innkeepers) were so helpful with recommendations for a surprise birthday dinner and they also served a fantastic breakfast served in our room - I wanted to move in!Mischelle

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2002

Lockheart Gables Bed and Breakfast is by far the most comfortable accommodations I have ever been in. Whether you are taking a weekend away from home, a wedding night or just some time for the two of you one evening, this is the place to be. Every attention to detail has been thought of here, from the smallest item to a wonderful dinner and breakfast. Marilyn and Dave are truly the most gracious host and hostess! The cookies and lemonade (or beverage of your choosing) that await your arrival are by far the best I have ever had. Breakfast is served at your requested time the following morning and includes homemade omelett, fruit, coffee, and heart shaped cinnamon roll that will melt in your mouth. I highly recommend this place for your stay!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member