“Our Elopement”
Review of Azalea Plantation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Worth
Azalea Plantation
Ranked #3 of 15 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We met both Martha and Richard, the owners, right after we arrived Monday afternoon. I had asked for the Elopement Package and the Evening in Paris Cottage, which is a separate 2 bedroom area behind the old Plantation style home. They have two of these at the back of the property; the Paris is upstairs so keep that in mind when making reservations as you will have to climb some stairs.

I've stayed in many bed and breakfast homes across the US and I'd have to say this is at or near the top of my favorites list after this visit. My fiancée and I wanted something special, and I ran across this place in a Google search. After doing some research I called and made the reservations for 2 days so that we could be married at 9:30 in the morning. Martha took care of everything.

Tuesday we had a minister, a short walk to the gazebo on a rose petal covered silk runner, and of course our wedding vows. Martha used my camera to take some pictures. Thanks Martha!

In our room, Flowers, a hand decorated plate with our names and wedding date on it, and a wedding cake. They offered a bottle of wine or champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the evening.

Before we left Wednesday morning we had a wonderful omelet, fruit, cinnamon covered English muffin, and some really tasty sausage covered with some sweet chipotle... I loved it!

The chocolate cookies they gave to us when we arrived were just out of the oven, and I have to say they might be the best chocolate cookies I've ever eaten. They were S 'mores chocolate cookies in case you are interested.

I don't just give 5 stars at random. When you can have an experience that is close to flawless 5 stars sometimes isn't even enough. This place is a memory waiting to happen if you choose it. Thanks again to Martha and Richard for a wonderful experience and we plan on many more trips to this great Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry P

Reviewed July 23, 2013

For my wife's birthday I wanted to treat her to something fun and new. We had never stayed at a B&B before so I booked Azalea. Let me tell you, what a wonderful place this is. Our hosts, amazing! The house and grounds, amazing! The breakfast, more than amazing! We stayed in the Lily of the Valley Room and it is beautiful. Richard and Martha are wonderful and gracious hosts.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Martha and Richard were just wonderful hosting my wedding day. They took care of the music, decorations, minister, dinner, cake and champagne. My groom and I pretty much just had to show up. The house and grounds are just beautiful. The surroundings are peaceful, and the food is great. I would stay again, and recommend the Azalea Plantation for weekend getaways or small gatherings.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite that was detached from the main house. It was quiet and gave us plenty of priv...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been enjoying B&B's for over 30 years. In that time, only TWO have impressed me enough to return a 2nd time. Meet the 3rd B&B to make the list. Every detail is perfected. The owners are well traveled, interesting and very friendly. The home is a must see with antiques that will take your breath away. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and massive- lots of room to explore. The food was unique and delicious. We stayed in the top floor of the carriage house and were treated to a get away in Paris. The jetted tub, stained glass and overall decorative touches made the stay most enjoyable. Get in touch with the owners right away to book yourself a wonderful get away. If you are like me and this jewel is in your own backyard, treat yourself to a day in Cowtown then relax the night away in this top rated B&B! I will be back!

Room Tip: The carriage house has 2 bedrooms, a kitchenette, is very large. If you don't need a lot of room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We discovered this place by coincidence on tripadvisor looking for a place to stay in Fort Worth. It looked nice and we decided to try it. Great decicion!
Richard recieved us when we arrived and showed us to our room. He knows a lot about the history of Fort Worth and the cattle drives, so you can get a lot of info.
We stayed in the Paris room. This is very big with 2 bed rooms, so there is really room for 4 persons. There is a jacuzzi in the bath room. We did not use it, because we did not have too much time.
You can have the break fast brought to your room or have it in the dining room in the house. We decided to have it in the house so we could chat with Richar and Martha. They are very friendly and give you a lot of tips on what to see and where to eat.
There is a lot attention to detail. There were cookies for us in the room when we arrived, drinks in the refrigirator and on the 2nd day when we arried there was cheese cake for us in the room.
The property is very nice and is situated close to the stock yards and to down town. About 10 min. by car. But it is in a quiet neighbourhood so you can get a good nights sleep.
Break fast was great and different the two days we stayed there.

There is not much negative to say about the stay. I guess if you are not to happy about bugs, then you cannot use the outside because there are a lot of trees and plants so you have plenty of wild life :) It would be a shame to not use the out side, because it is very nice.

So we really recommend this place to get the full experience if you are in Forth Worth.

Room Tip: Paris room is very big and has room for 4. It is cheaper on week days than on weekends.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I just had our 2nd anniversary and we spent it at Azalea for the 2nd year straight! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The Paris room was great, the breakfast was delicious, and Martha and Richard are great people!

Thank you for another great stay!

Room Tip: choose the Paris cottage
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This wonderful place was like visiting an old country inn in the heart of the big city except it is equipped with all the modern conveniences. It is beautiful, quiet and set in very peaceful and serene surroundings. The rooms are very clean and the decor is perfect down to the last detail. The food was delicious and not your ordinary breakfast . I would definitely recommend and plan on going back. The owners are delightful hosts.

• Stayed: April 2013