“Great stay/lousy weather!”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had rec'd a Groupon offer for this property just in time for our out-of-town company to join us. We booked 2 rooms each with 2 queen beds. Arrived early around noon & they let us check in & gave us our room keys. The rooms, while a little dated were quite large & immaculate. Being this hotel was built before we all needed many outlets for our electronics, they included a power strip on the desk in the room. Nice touch! Bathroom was large. Tub/shower very large & good water pressure. Bathroom doorway molding showed the most age with peeling paint at the bottom.
Bed linens were EXCELLENT! Groupon came with a terrific breakfast. Just wish that we could have enjoyed the lovely grounds but it was cold & rainy.

Room Tip: We always stay far from the elevators to avoid hearing the "dinging". We have a "whit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arleen H

Reviewed April 4, 2014

As the commanding officer of the NYPD Aviation unit I was so pleased by the service conditions and value at this location that I have designated this to be our preferred lodging location for my 75 personnel who attend annual training at the Bell helicopter training academy.... Notably the following employees stood out above the rest manager Belinda Daniel's bartender Michael D and waitress savanna Neil. I have expressed my satisfaction with the management at the Bell helicopter training academy and urged them to recommend this hotel to all of their customers thank you for taking such good care of me and my people

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed for a 2 night golf break the room was good and the staff friendly but overall not as good as other marriotts we have stayed at. We had to ask for help with our luggage on arrival it was not offered and the receptionist had to assist herself! The offerings in the executive lounge were again not as good as at other Marriott hotels. The beds were very comfortable.The restaurant had a limited menu although the breakfast omelet bar was good. The golf course had suffered from the dry weather.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view of the golf course
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for posting your comments. We value all of our Trip Advisor responses. The Golf Course at Champions Circle is not only suffering from dry weather but the brutal winter we have had. In just a few weeks, we anticipate a completely different look and play. Hopefully you will be able to return and play when in much better condition. I apologize that our hotel did not match up to other Marriott Hotels and your comments will be used to help make improvements for future guest stays. Please visit again this Spring.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Got this hotel through a groupon. $80 a night with golf, breakfast and wifi. We stayed two nights and service was fantastic.
Location not great for exploring Fort Worth or Dallas but golf course was nice and grounds well kept.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff was very accommodating and nice. The restaurant is great for dinner and breakfast, the bar is open late and prices are reasonable. The place is clean and organized. My room was good as well, very comfortable. The gym has average equipment but poor for a Marriott in an extremely small space that is about the size of 2 rooms.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MexKaz
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was in Fort Worth on business, and my company put me in this hotel for about three weeks. Check-in was uneventful. The beds were comfortable, but there were two many large pillows, so one or two always ended up tossed on the floor. The internet speed was quite fast, and streaming video was easy. The internet would have cost 10 dollars a day, but my company covered that. The TV had Direct TV channels, but also allowed you to hook up your laptop or other media devices. Bathrooms were clean, but small. The bathtub is quite small in particular. Compared to other Marriotts the acoustics were not very good. I could hear people walking around in the other rooms and talking. You could also hear people in the hall. The biggest downside is the location. It's near Texas Motor Speedway, but nothing else. The nearest restaurants were 5-6 miles away. There is one restaurant and bar on the property, but it has a limited menu and high prices. Overall it was an average stay, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here. If I wasn't forced to stay there, I would have chosen a different hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your three week stay at the Marriott Champions Circle and apologize that all did not go as expected. While our resort style hotel and golf club is in the Alliance / Texas Motor Speedway area, we are minutes from the “unique dining capital of Texas” in Roanoke and close to the Alliance town center with over 20 restaurants. We want you to return and stay with us so you can experience all that this area has to offer in dining, golf and of course a trip to Cabelas.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

For the first time in a lifetime of travel, the hotel did not have room for my party (2 rooms) despite a prepaid reservation and offered to put us up in the Comfort Inn and Suites instead. Naturally I refused. After a great deal of effort and back and forth with management, I found a Marriott not more than 15 miles away, and had a brilliant experience with a reception staff that could not have been more helpful, that sent up a bottle of wine to apologize for the trouble. Not my experience at the Dallas Fort Worth Hotel and Golf Resort. Although the facility is lovely with a gorgeous pool, it is the hotel staff that make the difference in a stay and an overbooking denial for a Gold rewards member who has a prepaid booking and the offer of a sub standard hotel in lieu, the reluctance of the staff to move us to the Marriott I found in a google search (they did nothing to find it for me) and the final blow - they said we could move for one night but we would have to come back for the second. I flat out refused. I will never stay at this property again and do not recommend it. Go to the lovely Marriott Solana just down the road and be treated with respect!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank annee05
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience with the Marriott Champions Circle. While it does not happen often, we sometimes have to move reservations to another hotel and preferably to another Marriott Hotel. Once we learned that you did not want to go to the nearest hotel available, we should have tried to find a Marriott Hotel for you to stay. You are correct that we do have a beautiful hotel and I would like for you to experience this hotel the way it should be experienced by actually checking in. Please give us another chance and we will make sure your service experience matches your other great Marriott Hotel experiences.