Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eagle, Nebraska
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

In the past 4 months I have stayed here over 58 nights. The hotel staff have always been very helpful and friendly, room is always clean, good food in the concierge lounge and in the restraunt. The golf course looks inviting, although I have not been out there. I really can't think of anything bad to say about the hotel. They are very nice to the business traveler and they try to make you feel at home. Give Belinda Daniel a call to set up your business travel plans.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked this hotel through Groupon. Found a deal of a one night stay, 18 holes of golf for 2, free in-room internet and free breakfast for $79 + tax!!! Worth every single penny!
Loved that they hotel was nice, but that they didn't have a bell man pressuring you to let him take your bags, parking is close and FREE, very relaxed!!!
Upon check-in, we were greeted by the nicest worker that verified all of our included amenities. The room was super clean, My only complaint is that we didn't have a mini fridge and no indoor pool/hot tub.
Golf was busy, but fantastic! Found this hotel and clubhouse to be very inexpensive in comparison to others in the area.
The breakfast was amazingly good! Great, fresh buffet that included a made to order omelet bar, waffles, pancakes, french toast, etc...
We will return! Literally across the street from the Motor Speedway, too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course/pool!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Although I'm a elite member with Marriott, I used a groupon to book a well-needed mommy weekend away even though I only live about an hour away. It is "across the street" from the Texas Motor Speedway, albeit there is a cow field between the two!

The hotel has everything you need to hole yourself up for the weekend- a great buffet breakfast (sometimes included in the room price), a nice little bar area, and a great lobby with lots of space, couches, tables, etc. for good people watching. My room overlooked the pool area with floor-to-ceiling windows. It also overlooked a wonderfully-kept green area set up for potential weddings and events. There is a huge oak tree focal point and large pond/lake in the background. Can only imagine how gorgeous this would be when NOT the middle of January, and even still, it was very nice. As a professional event planner, I definitely put this on my list for potential locations for weddings.

The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from some core shopping and dining areas. I was able to find a WONDERFUL spa (Sutera Spa) about 20 minutes away that was surrounded by great restaurants.

My room was okay, but was not as modern or fresh as other Marriotts I'm used to in larger metropolitan areas. My office chair upholstery was ripped all over and the woodwork on the dresser/TV stand had seen it's fair share of abuse. The area for a mini-fridge was a large, sad void. But when it comes to cleanliness that matters- bedding and bathroom- it was great. The bathroom was full of pampering, high-end bath amenities.

I ordered room service twice and was less than thrilled. The service was friendly & efficient, the food hot, but just not very tasty. I actually enjoyed the breakfast buffet more. It boasts every kind of breakfast food imaginable AND you can have a chef make you an omelet or waffle to order.

As for front desk service, there was a bit to be desired during check-in. I had a groupon deal that included breakfast, WIFI, and golf (which I didn't plan to do) but I was given NO information at check-in. I was handed 2 key cards and pointed to the elevator. I got to my room and wondered if I needed vouchers for breakfast, how in the world I would get to the golf course if I was even interested, and was told I was being charged for WIFI when logging in in my room. I planned to dispute the charge at check-out if applicable (I wasn't). I would have expected a greeting and clear directions on how/where breakfast would be served, how to access WIFI and a disclaimer that I wouldn't be charged, and a map and/or some sort of direction that "If you wish to play golf, you need to...". Luckily, I know how to navigate hotels, but if someone was new to travel, they may have been exceptionally frustrated at how little service was offered. On the plus side, I was always given a "good morning" or "good afternoon" getting on and off the elevator.

All that to say, if you want to hunker down for a weekend, you wouldn't need to leave the property. There's food, large clean rooms, pool, hot tub, on-site golf, and a great selection of TV channels and movies. If you want to get out and about, it may be a few minutes drive, but you can find a lot in towns nearby. Just looking out my gigantic window at the beautiful scenery alone gave me the breather I was looking for!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Davis, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here using a Groupon, Happy I did as it is a very nice hotel & Golf Club. I can't play golf just now because of a bad shoulder but my room was overlooking the golf course & it looked really challenging. Clubhouse looked great also. Just an all around great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Tx
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Pros: The beds were on par with other Marriott properties. The lobby was nice, the staff was great with accommodations. The restaurant was decent for a hotel. The weight room was above good for a hotel and the concierge lounge was adequate for breakfast/afternoon snacks. The views from the room are nice, the floor to ceiling windows are neat. The rooms were clean for me and the staff was always very friendly. A lot of people complained about the location, but if you don't know how to Google what is around the hotel then you shouldn't be leaving your house.

Cons:
1. Starting with the internet, it was terrible when I first arrived, but they were in the middle of upgrading it so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It was better after the upgrade but could still be a little faster, I couldn't stream Netflix without interruption in my room.
2. The bathrooms, there are no hooks to hang anything. The showers could barely keep with needs of the hotel. If you wake up past 7 good luck taking a hot shower int he winter. I waited 30 minutes before I felt any temperature change so that I could shower. It was still too cold to fully stand under. I had 3 other team members at the hotel and all had issues with their hot water.
3. The bar lacks decent alcohol and the bartenders need to keep a mixology book behind the counter. I wouldn't order anything that requires previous bartending experience such as an Old Fashioned.
4. My coworker went through 3 rooms within 1 hour of being at the hotel. The bathroom in the first room was dirty, the heater in the second room did not work, and he finally settled with the third room that did not have hot water.
5. The rooms are loud, you can hear everyone around you taking a shower because the pipes are so loud. Be prepared to be woken up by this at least once if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the Concierge Lounge, every time someone goes into the lounge the door closes...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Marriott Champions Circle. We appreciate hearing the good and the bad so we can continue to improve our service. We apologize for the internet problems you experienced and hope to have the new service completely installed this week. Your friends experience was completely unacceptable and we reached out to him while he was still at the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your comments and please contact me the next time you plan to visit the hotel so we can make sure your stay is great.
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The staff was extremely courteous. The bed was among the most comfortable that I have found in a hotel. The furniture shows its age, but that is hardly a big drawback.

What is a problem are the room doors which slam and announce to the world that you are coming and going. This is more than enough to wake most from a comfortable sleep.

The staff struggled with the setup of the conference space for our business meetings, waiting until the start of business to outfit the rooms with the previously-requested amenities (such as a projector and power strips). This happened on more than one day, and was at odds with the otherwise thoughtful customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We needed to find a place to stay near the Texas Motor Speedway and found this on Groupon for $79/night. It is off season so that is why they had this deal. This is not a new hotel but nicely cared for. Our deal included breakfast and a round of golf which was too cold and windy to play for me anyway. This is a conference hotel so expect many other people and groups to be staying here. Rooms were on the smallish side but very accommodating. Service was excellent and friendly. The breakfast buffet was adequate but pricey if you have to pay the whole fare. We definitely got a fantastic deal and will look again if we need to back in this area again. It really is a nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple