“I would rate this place a zero if I could...”

Days Inn South Fort Worth
Ranked #96 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Irving, TX
“I would rate this place a zero if I could...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

OMG! I booked a 2 star hotel on Hotwire and got this dump. As I drove in with my 2 parents, I knew this was BAD news. I was really nervous and was very embarassed for booking this place for all three of us to save us from driving an hour, as we were in Ft. Worth to spend time with my newborn niece. I walked in to check-in and there were 2 other people in front of me with "problems." The first guest was on the phone with what appeared to be the owner and he was trying to get his money back for his paid 1 week stay because his room was flooded and he couldn't get a new room. He was upset and was getting nowhere and had spent 3 hours getting the run-around. The guest after that was trying to check-in, but had about 20 IDs with his picture, but no driver's license (looked kind of scary as well). Then, a pregnant "'woman of the night" walked in and that's when I got even more nervous. As I was looking out the window, I saw a number of cruising cars and more "women" and just ran out to call Hotwire to see if they could help. I was able to get a refund and we wound up driving an hour to sleep in our own beds. This place was gross, the parked cars were old and falling apart, and people walking around were very scary looking. I could tell the buildings were not well maintained because a number of window screens were missing or fallen on the side of the buidlings (not safe). I peeled out of that parking garage VERY fast and never looked back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MissTexasTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
mkm1013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

I've stayed at this Days Inn twice in the last three years. Not much has changed. It's old, and the area is a bit rough, but it is inexpensive and in a good location to access the south Ft Worth area. My room was clean and the maid service was good each day. Staff was friendly. For $40, free internet, and orange juice. I can live with it. Taco Cabana and Grandy's are next door.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mkm1013
Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

While I have never slept in a homeless shelter I am sure they had cleaner beds! My wife and I booked this hotel in a last minute change of travel plans. Why did I not read the Trip Advisor reviews first? Our cab pulled up in front and let us out. The lobby was locked and we had to stand outside and check in. The front desk clerk was named Sonny and was not pleasant at all. We had to walk to the back of the hotel with our luggage and guess what was the first thing we saw? A hooker and pimp. Yes that is right this place is teeming with hookers. Guys with the windows open waiting for a hooker to knock on the door. Earth to the Fort Worth police, this place is a haven for prostitution! The carpets were filthy and lots of mold in the bathroom. Our socks were dirty from walking on the floor. The room had a bad smell to it as well. The management did not care that we complained. Never even said they were sorry. A horrible stay at a complete dump. Sleep in your car or the bus station but not here!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith H

Travelers are raving about these Fort Worth hotels

Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

This place is terrible. I travel 25 or more weeks per year and stay at many of the Wyndham family of hotels. Where to start, Bathroom was nasty dirty, shower did not work, toilet cover did not fit, no coffee maker, hair dryer and TV did not work. Room was filthy and the property was cluttered and dirty. However, the hookers were more than willing to say hello and even wanted to chat up my female companion. The bed was broken at the foot and the trash was not taken out. Would be nice if they would at least take out the trash after someone checks out.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
8 Thank rleesmith
College Station, Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2008

This is by far the worst place I've ever stayed in. There were cigarette burn holes all over the sheets. There were stains covering the floor. I didn't walk barefoot on the floor. I saw at least half a dozen cockroaches in the bathroom. The toilet seat had urine on it when I arrived. The toilet lid was broken. I was afraid to take a shower. There were stains on the pillowcases. This place was seriously scary. I could go on and on.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MrB589
Oswego, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2008

I guess the only positive thing I have to say about this place is how easy it was to find off I-35. It's right next to the highway. If you enjoy falling asleep to the sound of constant traffic, so loud it sounds like you're sleeping in the middle of the highway, book a room at this classy joint! Hopefully you don't care about cleanliness because this place is a pit! My room had dirt on the walls and the carpet had lots of stains and dirt and dust particles everywhere. This is definitely a place you want to keep your socks on at all times! The "luxurous" king size bed was extremely uncomfortable to even sit on. If you like sleeping on cement floors, this bed will make you feel right at home. If you're looking for high-speed Internet, don't count on it here! The cable TV came in fuzzy and hard to see on just about every channel. To top it all off, the room didn't even have an alarm clock! What is this, the Middle Ages?!? I can't believe I paid $50 for this room!

• Liked — Easy to find from I-35
  • Disliked — Not knowing if the bed I was sleeping in was clean
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank spiffynacho
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

Room was not clean. Tub drained very slowly (6 hours after three short showers). Coffee maker and coffee, but no cups until the fifth day. Booked the room for three people, had to ask for the third towel EVERY day. No bathmat. Door wasn't secure. Curtains wouldn't close--had to use clothespins on them. Had a pair of boots stolen. Exhaust fan in bathroom didn't work. Panhandlers in the parking lot. Had to ask for linens for roll away bed--then ended up having to go get them, because they didn't bring everything after three tries--roll away bed was mildewed. No alarm clock. TV was broken. Office staff spoke VERY little english. One member of the staff was very unhelpful--as if it was beneath him to do his job--he also spoke the worst english. This is probably the worst part of town to stay in and feel safe.

Stayed January 2008
#82 of 110 in Fort Worth
Super 8 Fort Worth, TX
Super 8 Fort Worth, TX
#86 of 110 in Fort Worth

Been to Days Inn South Fort Worth? Share your experiences!