“Great location for Stockyards visit”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth
Ranked #40 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great location for Stockyards visit”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed three nights while taking in the Fort Worth Stockyards and a visit to the Kennedy Museum in Dallas. While hotels right in the Stockyards were fairly expensive, the Country Inn and Suites was very reasonable, comfortable, roomy and only about a 5-minute drive to the Stockyards where we could park for $3 for the day. Great breakfast, helpful 24-hr desk, evening shuttles available as well. Ate one night at the Juarez restaurant just across the parking lot, and had a delicious Mexican meal.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, we are pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, we do offer this daily to all of our guests. Our breakfast offers a variety of hot and cold items. Our complimentary shuttle offers service to downtown and destinations within a five mile radius. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tucson
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We travel a lot. As a family, as business professionals, etc.. The Country Inn and Suites in Ft. Worth is a go-to hotel for us now. The staff is impeccable, the property is immaculate and the beds are divine! We checked in very very late one night and the night desk agent (Dan) went out of his way to be hospitable and professional. He was, deservedly, proud of his hotel, but went out of his way to make us feel at home at once. We were exhausted after 18 hours on the orad. He gave us a spotlessly clean room at the end of the hallway so we could get a good night's rest. The hotel is a new one for the Country Inn chain and they should be very very proud of this one.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We have passed your comments regarding the service on to all of our staff as it is important for them to hear when they are doing a good job. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fort Worth.
BRENTFORD
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed here for 12 nights recently on my first visit to Fort Worth. Excellent location within 10-15 mins drive of Downtown, Stockyards and Arts District. All the staff were very welcoming and there was a nice atmosphere in the hotel. Good value rates with a high quality continental breakfast (hot and cold selections) and hot coffee/cookies 24/7 in the lobby. Very efficient check in/out and my room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is quiet during the week but much busier at the weekends with visitors in town for shows at Billy Bobs, etc. I'd have liked a few more TV channels and better reception on some of them but otherwise no complaints at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel is located just minutes from Fort Worth's bustling downtown. We are pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, we do offer this daily to all of our guests with a great variety of hot and cold items.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2010

The hotel itself is standard stuff, but the staff was exceptional - going way, way out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

The breakfast had longer hours than I'm used to. (10:00 during the week and 10:30 on weekends) However it stayed open as long as people were eating. On two occasions during my stay, after asking everyone present if they were finished, the attendant started putting things away only to have new people come in. Without pause, everything put away was brought out again AND with a smile.

The housekeeping staff did a marvelous job and did it unobtrusively. And while I think of it, the beds were wonderful. I have a cranky back and sleeping is always a problem for me when away from home. The beds had those mattress toppers and for once, I slept like a baby on my vacation. My only complaint with the room was that the water pressure was a bit weak and it was hard to control the temperature.

There was an ever present plate of freshly baked cookies in the lobby and I confess that I made a pig of myself. After greeting me whenever I returned to the hotel, the desk clerk would check out the cookies and if running low would inform me that she would make a fresh batch right away and did.

Since my stay was for more than 4 days I was able to get a 25% extended stay discount, so the price was VERY reasonable.

As others have said, it is not within walking distance of anything except a single restaurant, but this is Texas - nothing is in walking distance. It is, however, a five or ten minute drive to the Stockyards, the Arboreteum, the various art museums, and downtown.

If I sound like I'm gushing over this hotel, I am. I've stayed at a lot of different places over the years. Perhaps the service was a bit better at the Ritz Carlton I've stayed at (at way more money) but it was not as warm and friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We have passed your comments regarding the service on to all of our staff as it is important for them to hear positive feedback from our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast with a variety of hot and cold item. Thank you again for your business, your comments and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.
Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Clean, inexpensive, friendly, courteous staff. Very nice for the money. Convenient to the Historic Stockyards but not walking distance. Shuttle runs 5am to 2am. Walking distance to one restaurant (very nice). Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We picked this hotel because it was close to the Stockyard and reasonably priced. The room was very clean and spacious and the mattress was the best ever from my experiences with hotels. The continental breakfast was good . Even though the hotel didn't have a restaurant, the mexican restaurant across the street was very good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Albany. NY
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We visit Fort Worth quite a lot and always stay here, great, simple hotel with an exception staff. Willard the general manager is AWESOME!!!!

We ended up blocking a bunch of rooms for our wedding last year, I can't recommend this hotel more. They serve a great breakfast each day and nice shuttle service.

PS i like the cookies each night in the lobby

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business