“Ask Questions”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth
Ranked #43 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked the hotel for guests at our daughters wedding and one reason we booked this hotel was because they told us they offered a shuttle to and from the Stockyards, well our wedding was on a Sunday and they knew that, so when my daughter went to ask for the shuttle at 10.00pm she was told we do not run the shuttle on Sunday night, so they all had to get cabs.

The room was so so , the shower rail was broken off the wall and was difficult not to get water on the floor in the bathroom.

Breakfast was so so also, they never kept the food full, had to ask a couple of times when they had ran out of items, two woman as working the breakfast room and they were not a patch on the young girl who served breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express in Las Cruses last week.

So overall it was average, would I stay their again, NO. I stay in hotels 100 nights a year and this was mediocre compared to most hotels I stay in, the hotel needs a face lift.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear mhinprocess01,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience that you incurred with the shuttle. Thank you for also telling us about the breakfast service. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is well situated for visiting all the main areas to see in Fort Worth. There is a comfortable lobby with a fireplace, free cookies and coffee and tea on tap. We were able to reach the cultural district, the stockyards and Sundance Square without any difficulty. Our room was well equipped, large and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding with an interesting range of foods including a pot of fresh porridge with lots of yummy toppings. There was actual fruit available which we found a pleasant change. There is a great Mexican restaurant next door which is really handy for staggering back after a couple of margaritas! There is some background noise from the freeway nearby which is the reason for 4 stars not 5.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Hilary A,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your time in Fort Worth. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Second time I have stayed here. Booked the 'whirlpool suite' and it turned into a disaster. Hotel is in obvious disrepair - crown/chair/floor/door moulding peeling off of the walls, graffiti carved into elevator walls, torn and frayed carpet everywhere. As for the suite itself, it rivals $40.00 per night rooms I have visited. Frame of (obviously purchased at Big Lots!) 4-post bed severely bent with an 'off-white substance' on one post. Large red handprint on wall with matching prints on furniture. Few foot-long strings handing from the top of bed. Toilet runs and gives you a shower when you open the lid to determine why. I made the mistake of firing up my handy-dandy UV light to inspect those stains and substances on bed/floor/wall - they lit up the place like a Jackson Pollock painting!

We report problem to desk and ask for another room. The person at desk, who SEVERELY needs to grow a personality, doesn't ask why - she demands to know why. After the above list she hems and haws but relents and puts us in another. I think to ask about a reduction in rate (that suite commands a $40 premium) and, after hemming and hawing again, demands I pay the regular rate for whatever I'm put into. No discount for my trouble and ruined plans, no matching what everyone ELSE in my group paid for a room (another $40 off of what I was charged), not even an apology for my trouble! Just a demand to bring back the other key cards immediately.

New room greets me with large black stains on the carpet in the sitting area and I decide to lower my standards with this place. Only bright spot was a decently comfortable bed once the (obviously stained, lights up under UV) bedspread was moved to a safe location.

Made a complaint to corporate, waiting for hotel to reply. Don't expect much. Sad thing is, I had this trouble the first time I stayed with them. Fool me twice...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gw812
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

At the Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth we value all guest feedback. Without feedback we would not be able to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. When issues come up we do what we can to make it right with the guest. The General Manager has reached out to this guest regarding this issue. The guest was given resonable compensation for the the difference between the rooms they stayed in. The General Manager has also addressed the issues the guest had with the rooms they stayed in. The Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth strives to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place for all of our guests to stay in. We really appreciate the Trip Advisor community providing us with feedback.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

For the price I would of expected a better hotel. It was dated. The carpet needs updated and the bathroom really did. The bed did sleep well and it was clean. The breakfast buffet was very very good. The front desk was okay just not terribly friendly or helpful. The shuttle driver that delivered us to Billy Bob's and picked us up at the front door made everything worth it though. He was great and informative and very quick to get us. If you are wanting something close to the Stockyards and don't want to drive this is the place for you but if you don't mind driving a little ways there is better choices just a little further out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear TinTexas,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for telling us about all of your concerns. We will make sure that we discuss these issues with our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We needed some advice before we checked in about our location and what do u think to do but call our hotel and ask the front desk , usually in all my hotel stays they are more than willing to help , well not this one , one thing that can ruin my stay as well as as my friends is attitude , so even the nice room and location and breakfast did not help our mood on the hotel , wouldn't recommend if u don't have your own game plan and need no questions answered , other than that it was good . Hope she's having a better week maybe ...

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Ft. Worth during the 2013 Stock Show and Rodeo. Located just north of town on I35, access into town and the fair grounds was fast and easy. The hotel is quiet, even though it was within sight of the highway. My large king suite had a living room w/kitchen area and a separate bedroom. Both rooms had flat screen TV. The room and bath were both very clean. Internet was free and fast and the room had a nice work desk. I really liked the free shuttle service to the rodeo which saved the hassle of driving in an unfamiliar town, especially after dark. Breakfast offered a wide variety of choices and the breakfast area was large and well maintained. The hotel was a bit isolated and the only close restaurant was Mercado Juarez, located next door. Smoking rooms are allowed so the hallways smelled smoky at times, but my non-smoking room smelled clean. Very comfortable bed and the quiet made for a good nights rest. I enjoyed my stay and will return on my next trip to Fort Worth.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are always quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear texasrepublichistory,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the smell of smoke in the hotel. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Fort Worth. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I can't overstate the value we received here. I don't know if other Country Inn & Suites are this good but this is my new favorite place to stay in Fort Worth. I knew when I walked in that I was going to like it from the ambience of the Christmas decorations in the lobby - it looks more like a home than a hotel lobby. The lady at the front desk was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room was bigger than I expected, comfortable and clean (the shower was fantastic!), Internet access had a working cable connection (I don't like the lack of security with wifi but that's all a lot of hotels offer). But the most incredible part of it was their offer to let us park our car there while we took a three-day train trip from Fort Worth - and they shuttled us to and from the train station - at no cost to us. They went way above and beyond what the average hotel would have done - this is where I will stay in Fort Worth from now on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear LlanoEstacado,

Thank you for telling us about your trip to Fort Worth. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.