“Rundown,not Homewood par!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Rundown,not Homewood par!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival it was surrounded by budget hotels, not a good sign but it was late and we were tired. The staff was all business, no niceties. We walked down the narrow well worn carpeted hallway to the well used elevators. When we arrived at our room we noticed that our door and all the doors look like dorm room doors, scratched, marred, dirty and needing a paint job. Upon entering the room again we noticed all furniture was well used and scratched up some. The first thing we checked was the sheets and shower, both were surprisingly clean. The room was very quiet, all rooms surrounded by concrete, even the ceiling, so that was nice. The fan blades on the fan in the bedroom, a feature we like about the brand, were drooping down at a 45 degree angle. It looked like it was victim of a hurricane flooded house. Just inferior quality blades I guess.

The morning buffet was the typical hotel downfall, small food area, not enough waffle makers, near tasteless OJ and apple juice, bland eggs and minimal food variety. The one lady that was working the breakfast area was at least nice.

I guess you get what you pay for. At $79 per night I guess you can't expect much. From my past stays at Homewood definitely sub par and needs some serious attention by corporate! One of the best Homewood Suites, and one of my top kitchenette hotels, I've ever stayed at was the one in Frisco, TX! A certain benchmark for the brand!

We will not ever return to this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Studio-Steve
GeorgeBarham, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and we apologize you did not receive the amenities and service you expected. We are constantly working to improve our on-property experience and comments like yours are always welcomed.

George Barham
Homewood Suites Fort Worth North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Shreveport, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I felt like I was in a hotel full of truckers and who knows what else. Front desk had no customer service skills at all. It was like hi, here are your keys and that was it. Did not point me to the elevator, did not tell me to have a good night, etc. I will say bed was comfortable and the rooms were clean. I think they probably need updating but rooms were good. I might stay here again but doubt it.

Room Tip: The rooms are not the problem!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeBarham, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Craig,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your candor and apologize for the level of service you received from our front desk. We strive to make every guest feel valued and welcome and we will use your comments as we continually work to improve our guests' experience. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and stay you expect and deserve, should you return to our area in the future.

George Barham
Homewood Suites Fort Worth North
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that my husband and I have stayed in this particular hotel several times before and have returned many times because the ammenaties, service, and general experience have been great. However, on this stay the customer service was not good. My husband is a pastor and we travel for the church very often. As a religious organization, the state of Texas gives us a break on hotel taxes and we have the business forms, as well as the tax exempt number to prove it. However, the new manager at this location refused to honor our documentation. Even though we have used the exact same paperwork at this location, as well as many other Texas hotels, (Hilton brands and otherwise) countless times before! We have NEVER had a hotel refuse to honor this exemption! BEWARE to those who are traveling and want to use your state-granted tax exemption! This manager will not honor it! Unfortunately, as much as we have loved staying at this hotel in the past, we will not be back unless they change managers. Apparently, customer service is not his forte.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeBarham, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that the state tax policy did not meet your needs. As stated in your review, as a religious organization you are entitled to apply for tax exempt status. Using the information given to the front desk for your organization, we reviewed the Texas Tax Exempt Entity Search website, which indentifies tax exempt organizations and which taxes they are exempt from. According to the site it was noted that your organization was not state hotel occupancy tax exempt.

I apologize for this misunderstanding and hope that you will consider staying at our location if you return to the area.
Amarillo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean and well equipped for an extended stay. Our room was a suite with a very good bed. There is a fold out couch in the living room which is also equipped with dishes and flat ware. A little difficult to get to for the road construction, but do not let the road construction discourage you. The are a couple of alternative ways in nd out.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Noble, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

What I particularly liked about this hotel is that our room was an actual suite. I liked that when my husband got up at the crack of dawn, he could tiptoe out to the living room and close the door to the bedroom. He watched Sports Center, I slept in - we were both happy. The bed was very comfortable as were all of the furnishings in the room. We liked having the full size refrigerator and real cups to use for our coffee and other beverages. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel offered one of the best buffet type breakfasts we have had in a hotel. We have stayed several places when visiting Ft. Worth and most have been nice hotels. This is by far our favorite though and we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karmin J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Short version:
I'm from this area and am already used to the hectic traffic (they are expanding a very congested freeway). The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and very clean. Our room had everything we needed for our 4 night stay which included my husband, 4 year old and 2 preteen boys. I LOVE that there are 2 TVs one in the living room area. It was like a very small apartment. Very comfortable. Breakfast was great.

Everything else:

First let me start off by saying I have pretty much lived in hotels for the last 2 weeks (our home is being remodeled). I have been in 1 I liked a lot but the rates were too high and 1 that literally had me doing a u turn the moment I walked in. I never thought we could stay here because the rates I found online were much too high. But on my birthday weekend my husband thought we could splurge. To my surprise the amazing Mr Cullum gave us a great rate and instead of staying 2 nights we ended up staying for 4 , I'm thinking of just staying here until our house is ready.

The hotel is next to a freeway that is undergoing construction but the noise is really not that bad. The walls are obviously well insulated because I can barely tell we have neighbors. This hotel is definitely lacking in that hotel smell (stale air mixed with heavy scented cleaning products.. not at this hotel). Everything is tastefully decorated and I'm even thinking of using this wallpaper in my home.

The food here is just eh..(except for the cinnamon chip scones-LOVE). Lots of variety though. Ham, eggs, cheese, potatoes, toast, bagels, English muffins, make your own waffles!!, yogurt, juice (apple and orange) milk, cereal, coffee, and of course fresh fruit They do provide breakfast AND dinner which saves you $$ cause it's all complimentary. Dinner is only served monday thru Thursday. The hotel is located near a few restaurants so if you don't like the food you can walk to ihop, waffle house, overtime bar and grill, texas roadhouse, redneck heaven and a couple of others(I have been to the first 2 on seperate occasions but cant say much for the others). You can also order in. The usual pizza and a couple of asian food places. I recommend Taste of Asia, really great spring rolls.

They also have a snack bar where you can purchase food and other items. They have a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers-also complimentary.

The room- full size kitchen including full size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, sink with a disposal, stove top, over range microwave and a toaster ( all white appliances). 16 piece dish set (glass, which is important to me because plastic is just gross- think germs + porous surfaces) 12 pc silverware set. and a 4 cup coffee maker, they provide coffee (decaf too) sugar and creamer. Small dining table with 2 very comfortable chairs. Separate living room so I don't have to hear the TV blaring while I try to read or hear myself think (I have 2 preteen boys).

The living area- leather sofa bed (which my boys shared and said it was comfortable), chair and a 32 inch flat screen TV which rotates so you can watch TV and eat if you'd like. The room we stayed in had a king size bed very comfortable. All the linens smelled clean and freshly laundered. Plenty of pillows (5 to be exact).

We did have 1 issue while here... well almost 2. The AC wasn't working well, they sent up a maintenance guy and he attempted to fix it but it was still too warm for us. They quickly (I mean seriously, I mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she had me in another room in minutes. No hesitation).
My almost 2nd issue was in the laundry room. I couldn't get one of the washers to work... or so I thought. The front desk receptionist apologized and gave me a complimentary snack from the snack room. When I returned to the laundry room one of the other residents showed me how to use the washer, of course I felt pretty dumb but.I got a free snack out of it!

Overall I loved my stay and I hope to stay here again very soon. I'm sure you could save money at a couple of other places around here but honestly from what I've seen and read this is the best place

Quick tip don't even think about staying at any of the $50 or less places around here. It's just not worth.it. You really get what you pay for. I won't say the names of the places but if just spend 15 minutes parked in the hotel parking lot and you will see what I mean.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Serrano245
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the place we stay at when we go to Ft. Worth for work. We have never had a problem and have had nice clean rooms. The staff is always helpful and is available whenever you need them. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business