“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #22 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Very clean hotel. Check-in and check-out was so quick. Quick trip on the hotel shuttle with courteous driver form the airport. Centrally located to all the shopping and eating you could want.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stay at this hotel every single week for work. The hotel is located within minutes of the airport which makes it very easy to and from there, especially if you don't get a rental car. The best part of this hotel is hands down the staff. They really go out of their way to be helpful and make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you are a regular you really get to realize that this is how they treat you consistently over time. The hotel itself is also very nice with a great Concierge Lounge on the top floor. They have a nice spacious workout room as well as a nice pool. The restaurant/bar also has pretty good food with reasonable prices. The only ding I can give to this hotel is that unless you are a Gold or Platinum elite member unfortunately they do not offer free wireless internet. Other than that I can recommend this hotel hands down! I have been there over 4 months and will be there for another 8 or so. I can honestly say it's like my home away from home thanks to the wonderful staff they employ!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel is in excellent shape and is kept clean. The staff is courteous and very helpful. The fitness room has quality equipment and is well maintained. The location is centrally located to many local attractions.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week on a business trip to Fort Worth. The hotel does what it says on the tin: Marriott quality standards are guaranteed. Which means a really comfy bed, a clean and always tidy room as well as great service (I had room service a few nights).
If you want to keep active you'll also be given free passes to the Solana gym within the campus - nice well equipped gym with a big pool.
I wouldn't personally recommend this hotel for a leisure trip though, as it doesn't really have much character and you'd need to get a car and go to Dallas if that's your main destination. However if you're there for work then it's perfect (my office was really close by and the hotel kindly offers a free shuttle service to nearby areas).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank InspirationLondon
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This Marriott is among the best I have stayed. As a platinum member, I frequent many hotels and Marriotts. The service here is impeccable, friendly and I consider my business home away from home. Before you even check in, the staff at the front desk let you know, you are someplace different. The new fitness center, meeting rooms, and sales department also make this a great place to have your next business meeting.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DallasTraveler0907
Winchester, Kentucky
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel June 6-9, 2010 for a business conference. My overall impression: the hotel projects an image of newness, cleanliness, class, and modern design. I challenge anyone to find a stain of any kind, anywhere, on any carpet in this hotel. The company we work for provided all meals (buffet style) during the 3 day conference and they were all fabulous. Our speakers and lecturers even commented that they have never eaten such wonderful food - and they travel the country and many foreign countries giving their lectures. I'll have to agree with them, the food really was way above average. I had some concern about the proximity of the hotel to the airport - it's only about 1000 yards from one of the main runways at KDFW. I am a very light sleeper. Well guess what? I only heard the low rumble of jet engines one time the whole three days and that was in the middle of the day.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Wildkat52
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the DFW Airport Marriott after a flight from Madrid, since our flight home from there left early the next AM. We were upgraded to the Executive Floor with lounge access. This was our first visit to an Executive Lounge in a Marriott. It was good for us; we were very tired after the flight and sandwiches and appetizers were right there, although alcoholic drinks were priced at regular bar prices ($6.50 for my glass of wine). The lady at the check-in desk and the lounge attendant were both friendly and helpful. Can't comment on the room rate- we used Marriott points.

The room was pleasant and comfortable; the hotel looked pretty new. I heard flights overhead when I woke up a few times during the night but it wasn't intrusive.

The pool was indoors- a little disappointing given Texas' warm climate- and average size. The Fitness center looked to be a very generous size for the size of the hotel- I counted 11 treadmills and they had an extensive rack of free weights.

There was a charge for in-room Internet ($9.95/day for their "wired for business" package) but also free computers in the Business Center in the lobby, including one dedicated to printing boarding passes.

We left too early to sample breakfast. A note about the shuttle- allow yourself plenty of time before the flight. Because DFW is very spread-out, it took 20 minutes from the hotel to our section of the airport (the shuttle's last stop). We arrived in time because we followed the front desk lady's recommendation about which shuttle to take. The driver took down our airlines/destinations and then checked them against a board in the lobby linked to the airlines' computers to make sure he delivered us all to the right places. (AA, for example, had flights out of 3 terminals.)

All in all, a very good stay and we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!