“Perfect for business travel”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel is in excellent shape and is kept clean. The staff is courteous and very helpful. The fitness room has quality equipment and is well maintained. The location is centrally located to many local attractions.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week on a business trip to Fort Worth. The hotel does what it says on the tin: Marriott quality standards are guaranteed. Which means a really comfy bed, a clean and always tidy room as well as great service (I had room service a few nights).
If you want to keep active you'll also be given free passes to the Solana gym within the campus - nice well equipped gym with a big pool.
I wouldn't personally recommend this hotel for a leisure trip though, as it doesn't really have much character and you'd need to get a car and go to Dallas if that's your main destination. However if you're there for work then it's perfect (my office was really close by and the hotel kindly offers a free shuttle service to nearby areas).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank InspirationLondon
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This Marriott is among the best I have stayed. As a platinum member, I frequent many hotels and Marriotts. The service here is impeccable, friendly and I consider my business home away from home. Before you even check in, the staff at the front desk let you know, you are someplace different. The new fitness center, meeting rooms, and sales department also make this a great place to have your next business meeting.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DallasTraveler0907
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel June 6-9, 2010 for a business conference. My overall impression: the hotel projects an image of newness, cleanliness, class, and modern design. I challenge anyone to find a stain of any kind, anywhere, on any carpet in this hotel. The company we work for provided all meals (buffet style) during the 3 day conference and they were all fabulous. Our speakers and lecturers even commented that they have never eaten such wonderful food - and they travel the country and many foreign countries giving their lectures. I'll have to agree with them, the food really was way above average. I had some concern about the proximity of the hotel to the airport - it's only about 1000 yards from one of the main runways at KDFW. I am a very light sleeper. Well guess what? I only heard the low rumble of jet engines one time the whole three days and that was in the middle of the day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Wildkat52
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the DFW Airport Marriott after a flight from Madrid, since our flight home from there left early the next AM. We were upgraded to the Executive Floor with lounge access. This was our first visit to an Executive Lounge in a Marriott. It was good for us; we were very tired after the flight and sandwiches and appetizers were right there, although alcoholic drinks were priced at regular bar prices ($6.50 for my glass of wine). The lady at the check-in desk and the lounge attendant were both friendly and helpful. Can't comment on the room rate- we used Marriott points.

The room was pleasant and comfortable; the hotel looked pretty new. I heard flights overhead when I woke up a few times during the night but it wasn't intrusive.

The pool was indoors- a little disappointing given Texas' warm climate- and average size. The Fitness center looked to be a very generous size for the size of the hotel- I counted 11 treadmills and they had an extensive rack of free weights.

There was a charge for in-room Internet ($9.95/day for their "wired for business" package) but also free computers in the Business Center in the lobby, including one dedicated to printing boarding passes.

We left too early to sample breakfast. A note about the shuttle- allow yourself plenty of time before the flight. Because DFW is very spread-out, it took 20 minutes from the hotel to our section of the airport (the shuttle's last stop). We arrived in time because we followed the front desk lady's recommendation about which shuttle to take. The driver took down our airlines/destinations and then checked them against a board in the lobby linked to the airlines' computers to make sure he delivered us all to the right places. (AA, for example, had flights out of 3 terminals.)

All in all, a very good stay and we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AThena53
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night on our way home from our last trip and the hotel is very nice and comfortable, the hotel staff is great, the fitness center is impressive as well as the excellent pool. The breakfast buffett is huge and very good. Excellent experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I recently stayed at this Hotel and was amazed by the great service I received. The amenities were top notch, and the staff's knowledge of the sights to see in this amazing area was instrumental in the great time we had in the DFW area. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!