“Good Location Close to DFW”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Laguna Niguel, California
“Good Location Close to DFW”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here this past week and it was a nice hotel. On Par with Marriott Properties in terms of rooms and amenities. The gym is nice for a hotel and the room service dinner was good! Not sure if there is a shuttle service from DFW as I hurried to grab a taxi since I battled flight delays and was in no mood to explore shuttles.

Nice spot, I would certainly return if I was in town again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Good afternoon!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience and I will be sure to share your feedback with all of the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again the next time you are in the area!

Regards,

Kris Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tyrone, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Free parking, quick check in (I used mobile check in). Staff is friendly. Standard room and bathroom. Consignor room had a nice variety and well presented. Work out room is well equipped. They have a small coffee stand in lobby area. I would recommend this place and stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Good afternoon!

Regards,

Kris Carlson
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here mid week 1 night during a business trip. There was a mix up at the front desk that was not the fault of the hotel yet they quickly did whatever they could to remedy the situation and make me comfortable even though they did not have to do so. Room was comfortable and quiet, the hotel gym room was about average for a hotel gym. As far as I am concerned, the staff performed well above expectations and the accommodations were more than adequate for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Vis78759 Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are so happy that you had a positive experience and hope your travels will take you near us again soon.
Davidson, nc
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Attention all hotel managers in the Dallas area: take your staff and stay one night at the DFW Marriott South - you will see what courteous, responsive, sincere, friendly service looks like! I am a gold rewards member so I do have an expectation whenever I stay at the brand hotels, but on three separate business trips I was so overwhelmed with how everyone there EXCEEDED my expectations, that I had to submit this review.
Check in - SUPERIOR! Offered concierge level without me asking
Concierge Room - EXPERTLY staffed!
Restaurant - DELICIOUS with wonderful servers and bartenders
Morning and Evening greeting - At least three staff members are always in the lobby ready to greet you, wish you well or serve your needs. I returned from dinner out and had leftovers and realized my room did not have a fridge. One of the maintenance engineers must have been reading my mind because he offered to send one up immediately!
I can go on and on - it really is that good!

1 Thank kimrectenwald
kimrecetenwald we can't thank you enough for staying with us recently and even more for the great review. I am so happy you had such a great stay. We hope that you will be back again soon and can't wait to take care of you again.
Oviedo, FL
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Having stayed at numerous hotels in this category, they seem to all be pretty much the same after a while. But in the case of this Marriott, my expectations were exceeded at all levels. First, I think I have never seen the courteousness at check-in like I experienced. The word no seems absent from their vocabulary. I had reserved 3 rooms and even though there was a reservation hiccup at first, satisfactory arrangements were immediately resolved. Parking was plentiful and never more than a few steps from an entrance. Our rooms in different locations on the floor were attended to by different staff throughout our 6 day stay and were maintained to perfection. Each night a great nights sleep was had by all on their wonderful mattresses. On the 4th floor even though the hotel was near capacity, there were no noises from the other rooms, hallway, ice machines, stairway or outside traffic. I have never seen hotel staff so helpful, smiling and interested in all guest's satisfaction. They appeared to have cloned that attitude to every employee that I encountered. We had a great plentiful breakfast each morning. Even the self-help room coffee was good. Try as I did, I could not find anything worth mentioning that needs to be improved. We shall return.

Room Tip: Ask for an end of the building king room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rattler93a Wow Thank you so much for an amazing review. We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and most importantly the service. I am glad you had such a great reunion and we had a blast hosting you. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was just at the hotel for a military reunion, the personnel at the hotel went way out of the way to make our reunion a success. Rooms comfortable, and hotel meals affordable. Would recommend this facility.

Green Features: There was comfortable temps for June throughout the facility.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Atty V Thank You so much for your great feedback about the hotel. I am glad you had a great reunion and it was our pleasure to host you. We hope to see you again soon.
North Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Recently on my first trip to Dallas in some time, I stayed at this Marriott, and found it to be much better than the average "business hotel". Most moderately priced places that cater to business travelers are quite non-distinguished. One is about as good (or bad) as the next. This place was better.

The desk agents were very friendly and helpful. Breaking with my norm, I actually ate in the hotel restaurant the night of my arrival, and found it to be quite good. My room was a nice size. The furniture was definitely institutional, but nicer than usual. The bed was comfy enough and the bathroom plenty large.

I look forward to coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
pfafftonian Thank you so much for staying with us and for your great reivew about our hotel. We are so happy you had a great time and certainly excited to see your comments about the service. We hope to see you again soon and I think you may enjoy some of the rennovation changes upcoming later this year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!